Sample Resume for an Entry-Level UX Designer
Are you looking to break into UX design? This resume sample for an entry-level user-experience designer below shows you how to build a powerful brand by showcasing education, externships and technical skills. View and download the Entry-Level UX Designer resume template in Word.
Entry-Level UX Designer Resume Sample
580 Baker St. #65 | Sometown, TN 38103
Home: 555.555.5555 | Cell: 555.555.1234 | email@example.com
Targeting an Entry-Level Position as a...
Offer aptitudes in user experience (UX) design and hands-on experience in user research
and interaction design gained through corporate and nonprofit externships.
ABC UNIVERSITY (Sometown, TN)
BS in Human-Computer Interaction (BSHCI) Pending (Graduation: May 2012)
Cumulative GPA: 3.4 | GPA in Major: 3.8 | Dean’s List (all semesters)
HCI coursework and externship projects have provided a solid foundation in:
- Usability Engineering
- Usability Testing
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- User Research & Persona Creation
- Web Site & Multimedia Design
- Web Site Strategy & Analytics
- Wireframe Production
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- HTML & XHTML
- Flash, Fireworks & InDesign
- Dreamweaver & Photoshop
XYZ CORPORATION (Sometown, TN) User Researcher/UX Designer Apprentice, Summer 2011, 2010
ABC ORGANIZATION (Sometown, TN) Information Architecture Assistant, Summer 2009
Completed three externships during summer breaks to gain experience in UX design and information architecture. Projects & Results:
- Produced wireframes, XHTML code and CSS that contributed to user-centered design (UCD) efforts for dozens of Web pages.
- Completed user research to identify opportunities for improving XYZ’s and ABC’s Web presence. Efforts drove the following enhancements:
- Replacement of vague objectives with clear calls to action, increasing XYZ sales pipeline by 15% and ABC donor base by 12%.
- Improvement of core Web site functionality by fixing broken links and scripting errors, which lowered XYZ’s page-abandonment rate by 35%.
- Creation of more intuitive site navigation by eliminating misleading labels and unnecessary clicks.
- Entrusted to manage usability testing effort for XYZ landing pages in preparation for Web site redesign. Defined testing parameters, prepared prototypes, recruited users, facilitated tests, and analyzed and reported results.
- Helped improve information architecture of ABC’s Web site by assisting with card sorting, affinity diagramming and search log analysis.
Online Portfolio: www._________.com