Junior Systems Administrator
- Highly motivated systems administrator offering hands-on experience in a Unix environment.
- Experience configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills; able to work with technicians from various engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level issues.
BS in Computer Information Systems (Network Admin Track), 2011
Sometown College, Sometown, MA
- Dean’s List (2009 to 2011); Alpha Iota Mu (international CIS honor society); graduated with honors (GPA: 3.78)
- Course highlights: network administration, network design & analytics, system security, project management, systems analysis, database administration, business information systems
Certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), 2011
Systems Administrator Intern, 2010 to 2011
ABC Company, Sometown, MA
- Provided systems administration support for Unix systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration.
- Created and optimized Unix shell scripts using Bourne, Korn and Bash shells.
- Performed regular system backups and recovery procedures, closely following SOPs to ensure system security.
- Helped resolve virus outbreak as member of a team that quickly isolated and removed virus that had infiltrated systems.
- Worked on project that added a new layer to SAP user interface, reducing data-entry time by more than 15%.
- Commended for technical, analytical and problem-solving skills; effective task prioritization; and customer service orientation.
Computer Operator (concurrent with college), 2009 to 2010
XYZ Company, Sometown, MA
- Monitored night-batch job process, documented errors, performed nightly backups and troubleshot issues.
- Developed scripts to automate network administration tasks and application deployments.
- Facilitated swift resolution of embedded scripting error on Unix system that was freezing printing operations for more than 100 users.
Systems Admin Skills
Unix Shell Scripting,
AIX, HP-UX Troubleshooting,
VMware ESX/vSphere, LDAP, Web Services
Networking & Protocols
Cisco 2500 and 2600 Routers, Netgear FVS318v3 Firewall Routers, Active Directory Domain Controllers, DNS, VoIP,
Available for Weekend
and Evening Shifts
Able to Relocate Nationwide