Sample resume for a software engineer
To be the successful job candidate in the technology field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View our sample resume for a software engineer below to see if your own resume could use some reprogramming. This resume is an example of our Resume Writing Services. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts.
View and download the software engineer resume template in Word.
Learn more about technology careers.
Geoffrey M. Price
9402 Mandarin Circle, Apt 201B
Sunnyvale, California 94085
Distributed & Parallel Systems | Scrum & Agile Methodologies | Mobile Application Development
Detail-oriented programmer and architect with 8+ years’ success devising innovative and tailored solutions to meet ever-changing business requirements within diverse industries. Advanced skill with leading-edge programming tools complemented by proven ability to assimilate and rapidly utilize emerging technologies. Solid mathematical knowledge with experience developing comprehensive algorithms and data-processing logic. Technical proficiencies include…
Windows, UNIX, Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu), Java Enterprise Edition
Object-oriented Design (OOD), Agile Development, Project Management, Solutions Architecture, Technical Documentation, Quality Assurance
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER / SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT, 10/2012 to Present
TradeCORE Solutions – San Jose, California
Develop, maintain, and upgrade cutting-edge financial-industry software. Coordinate design and implementation of applications, collaborating with project managers, engineering teams, and client representatives to ensure on-time completion of project deliverables. Provide technical leadership to Junior Engineers, developing overall project architecture. Design Web applications and maintain content for .NET-based systems.
Selected projects include…
- TradeCORE Pro: Developed and supported flagship financial trading application used to facilitate order and cash generation, account balancing, order history tracking, portfolio holdings management, and security fundamentals tracking across a corporate-wide network.
- Designed server-side components and created servlets and stored procedures; reduced server load 12%.
- Spearheaded creation of cross-platform interface, seamlessly merging application across UNIX- and Windows-based systems.
- ContentCORE Server: Spearheaded development of XML content distribution server enabling real-time peer-to-peer connections using JMS and TCP protocols.
- Eliminated costly data loss by implementing message redundancy logic within peer-to-peer system, significantly enhancing audit performance.
- Managed ongoing enhancements, including guaranteed message delivery and connection load balancing to minimize operating costs and improve functionality.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, 4/2006 to 10/2012
Magellan Productivity Systems, Inc. – San Mateo, California
Within a collaborative development environment, designed business systems for clients from diverse industries, including healthcare, finance, banking, retail, and human service. Engineered customized features and modules for new applications; devised enhancements and updates for existing application suites. Conducted detailed testing throughout life cycle and resolved system issues. Authored system and design documentation.
Selected projects include…
- Quartermaster Online Banking Engine: Designed and launched key interfaces for a Web-based banking tool for regional financial institution. Coordinated with security specialists, compliance teams, and project managers throughout development life cycle.
- Leveraged advanced knowledge of ASP.NET to optimize login page; eliminated 15% of code while enhancing overall functionality and speed.
- U-Win Converter: Played key role in developing, launching, and enhancing flagship product. Coded data migration logic to ensure cross-platform compatibility.
- Created module to enable full integration with Microsoft Office, which simplified functionality for end users with limited knowledge of databases.
- SEXTANT HR Suite: Charged with coding, testing, and integrating enhanced Web-based time clock / timesheet reporting functions for HRIS system designed for small- to mid-sized companies. Created login, interface, and SQL-based storage and reporting tools.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, minor in Mathematics, 2001
Regis University, Denver, Colorado
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) for Developers
Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Google Apps for Business Certified Deployment Specialist (CDS)
C Programming Language Certified Associate (CLA)