Sample Resume for a Sales Manager
Does your resume effectively sell your qualifications? As a sales manager, your resume needs to convey your track record of sales results. This resume sample for a midlevel sales manager will show you how. View and download the Sales Manager resume template in Word.
Learn more about sales careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
15 Park Lane | Sometown, RI 02918 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARD-WINNING SALES MANAGER
- Top-ranked sales manager with a four-year history of sales success. Recognized for contributions to record-setting sales figures, territory startup/expansion and new account development.
- Proven ability to lead sales teams to achieve multimillion-dollar revenue gains. Offer an in-depth understanding of the sales cycle process and remain focused on customer satisfaction throughout all stages.
ABC COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager, 1/2010 to Present
Recruited to lead startup of Northeast sales region and manage a 12-member team within $8.2 million, 12-state territory. Grow market share by increasing gasket product-line sales to warehouse distributers and retail stores.
- Increased territory sales from less than $4 million to $8.2 million within two years, exceeding quota by 12% in 2011 and 15% in 2010.
- Ranked as #1 sales manager (out of 12) in 2011 and 2010.
- Fostered a robust, sustainable network of buyers from Maine to Florida, leveraging strong listening, presentation and closing skills to optimize sales results despite previously dominant competitor advantage.
- Introduced new gasket lines into the market, often closing sight-unseen sales of newly released products.
- Demonstrated an unwavering commitment to customer service, adding new customers while maintaining premium service levels with existing accounts.
DEF COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager, 2/2008 to 1/2010
Sales Associate, 6/2007 to 2/2008
Managed daily operations of automotive service department generating $12.5 million annually. Provided floor sales leadership and supervised eight associates. Rapidly promoted from initial sales associate position.
- Surpassed sales goals by 19% in 2009 and 14% in 2008.
- Recognized for superior performance as a two-time district “Employee of the Month” honoree.
- Increased sales of company-owned paint sealants by 24%, selling $245K in sealant products in 2009.
ABC University – Sometown, RI
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, 6/2008