Sample Resume for a Sales Director
You know how important a strategic sales plan is to your operation's success; a strategic plan for your resume is just as important. Check out this resume sample for a senior-level sales director for guidance on how to plan your resume's strategy. View and download the resume template in Word here.
Learn more about sales careers.
Search for sales director jobs.
15 Market Way | Sometown, NC 27601 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Available for Relocation and Extensive Travel
- Combine entrepreneurial drive with business-management skills to drive gains in revenue, market share and profit performance.
- Communicate a clear, strategic sales vision, effectively training and coaching both veteran and junior sales team members.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with new prospects and existing customers.
- Able to turn around lagging operations and prepare companies for fast growth and profitability.
| || |
ABC Company, Sometown, NC
Sales Director, 2008 to Present
Sales Manager, 2005 to 2008
Customer Service Manager, 2000 to 2005
Advanced to sales director role to serve as a key member of executive team developing sales strategies for a cellular services company. Direct a team of 25 sales managers and their respective staff (approximately 300 employees). Formulate marketing, brand planning and business-development strategies to drive revenue growth. Outcomes:
- Revived struggling operation from being on the verge of bankruptcy to a turnaround success story. Revamped pricing strategy, implemented effective promotional strategies, trained a high-performance sales team and helped boost corporate image.
- Tripled annual sales volume within four years, growing sales from $15 million in 2008 to $45 million in 2011.
- Achieved 2011 Star Performance Award for outstanding sales results, representing the first time the division achieved this recognition.
- Led the growth of sales department from 175 to 300 employees. Established a competitive sales force by offering aggressive compensation, desirable benefits packages and performance-driven sales-incentive programs.
- Improved sales policies and practices. Defined the sales cycle, created accurate job descriptions and developed standards for customer relationship management.
DEF Company, Sometown, NC
Sales Manager, 1995 to 2000
Provided consultative sales of pagers and cellular phones to corporate accounts. Prospected for customers through cold calls, referrals and networking. Qualified leads, negotiated with corporate customers, closed deals and managed accounts. Outcomes:
- Closed an average of 35% of all leads and achieved between 110% and 120% of projected monthly sales goals during tenure.
- Targeted and penetrated a competitive market. Sold thousands of corporate accounts and converted many customers from competitors’ services.
- Recognized as a member of The Shining Star Club for routinely exceeding quotas.
- Established relationships within a Fortune 500 company and guided sales representatives to close deal generating $125K in recurring annual revenue.
- Orchestrated successful promotional campaigns, including a special offer that penetrated market territory by 6% in one day.
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NC
Bachelor of Science, Major in Marketing, 1995
- Buyer-Seller Relationships
- Train The Trainer
- Fair Hiring Practices
- Prevention of Harassment Policies
- Sales Processes
- Best Practices in Cellular Management
- Gaining a Sales Commitment
- Leading a Global Sales Force