Does your restaurant and hospitality resume serve up a full menu of your skills and accomplishments in food service? Check out this sample restaurant manager resume below for guidance and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Learn more about food service careers. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
JAMES MALCOLM SATTLER
987 Brookfield Place
Sometown, WA 84000
FOOD SERVICES MANAGER
Fine Dining * Five-Star Resorts * Multioutlet Operations
Current "Manager of the Year" (2011) for Gold Resorts, where turnaround leadership of multimillion-dollar restaurant, banquet, room service and catering operations has resulted in record-setting profitability and eight "Best of Seattle" awards for fine dining excellence.
- Hospitality & Culinary Management
- Front- & Back-of-House Operations
- Budgeting & Cost Controls
- Five-Star Dining/Menu Development
- Safety/Sanitation/Quality Controls
- Vendor/Inventory Management
- Guest Service Excellence
- Multioutlet Operations
- Turnaround Management
- Strategic Marketing & Sales
- Payroll/P&L Management
- Profit & Growth Strategies
- Restaurant & Kitchen Design
GOLD RESORTS -- Seattle, WA and Nassau, Bahamas
Owner/operator of 25 five-star resorts in the US and Caribbean.
Advanced through promotions, culminating in present oversight of $6.8M F&B operations (fine dining restaurant, two cafés, wine bar and banquet/ catering/room service operations) and a 65-member team.
- Food Services Manager, 2006-Present
- Assistant F&B Manager, 2004-2005
- Restaurant Manager, 2002-2004
- Bar Manager, 2001-2002
- Assistant Manager, 2001
- Manager Trainee, 2000
- Elevated gross sales of Gold Resorts' Seattle property 27% in first year as food services manager and by 12% or more every year thereafter.
- Achieved record profitability of restaurant and catering operations for the past three years. Cut food and labor costs by 16% while increasing sales, food/service quality and guest satisfaction.
- Redesigned menus and dining room layout; renegotiated terms with vendors/suppliers; halted rampant waste; and unified front- and back-of-house staff to create a cohesive, cooperative team committed to premium guest service and optimum profitability.
- Restored profitability to Nassau resort's fine dining restaurant as restaurant manager, propelling a 25% margin swing (from -6% to +18%) in one year. Efforts resulted in distinction as one of the "Top 500 Grossing Restaurants" by Restaurant Magazine for two years in a row.
- Recognized for leadership excellence through "Manager of the Year" honors (out of 25 F&B managers).
"Manager of the Year," Gold Resorts (2011)
Eight "Best of Seattle" Awards:
Top 500 Grossing Restaurants, Restaurant Magazine (2003, 2004)
- Best Fine Dining Restaurant (2007, 2008, 2009)
- Best Wine Bar (2007, 2008)
- Best Catering Service (2007, 2008, 2010)
BS in Hospitality Management, 1999
Northern Arizona University
Additional Training & Certifications:
- Culinary Managers Program, 2002
- Five-Star Training, 2000, 2001
- ServSafe Certified, 2000
- CDC Certified, 2000