55 First Drive
Sometown, MN 55806
| ||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN |
Industrial Chemicals | Coatings/Adhesives | Specialty Gases
Hands-on research technician with three years of research experience with leading industrial chemical and gas manufacturers. Qualifications include:
- A solid foundation in inorganic chemical synthesis;
- Proven skills in utilizing SEM, TGA and dilatometry testing methods;
- Expertise in sample and data collection, analysis and reporting; and
- Demonstrated success maintaining safe laboratory operations.
ABC Company, Sometown, MN
Manufacturer of industrial chemicals and gases
Research Technician, 2/10 to Present
Assist in the design and execution of research, testing and analysis of ABC’s chemical products – coatings, resins, adhesives and industrial gases. Use tools and methods including solid-state synthesis, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and dilatometry.
- Achieved optimal quality control through detailed testing, synthesis and analysis of multicomponent metallic oxides and ceramic samples.
- Maintained compliance with safety guidelines and company SOPs in handling toxic chemicals and operating gas-handling equipment such as compressor systems, distribution systems and pressure regulators.
- Developed and launched SEM and TGA training program that was subsequently adopted as the companywide standard.
- Strengthened environmental health and safety (EH&S) standards as a member of ABC’s nationwide laboratory health and safety committee.
DEF Company, Sometown, MN
Chemical manufacturer serving the energy sector
Research Technician, 9/09 to 2/10
Research Apprentice, 6/09 to 9/09
Gained experience in the preparation of inorganic compounds using high-temperature, high-pressure and other synthetic techniques.
- Performed data reduction and analysis and prepared reports, R&D briefings and safety documentation.
- Assessed chemical stability and thermal/chemical expansion by simulating process conditions within a state-of-the-art laboratory.
- Helped conduct cutting-edge experimental research involving superconductivity and molecular sieves technology.
GHI University, Sometown, MN
BS in Chemistry, 5/09 (graduated with honors; GPA: 3.7)