If you’re a journalist, your resume needs to be as thorough and clean as the stories you write. Check out this sample for the scoop and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Sometown, MN | (Available to Relocate) | Phone: (555) 555-5555
NEWS | SPORTS | BUSINESS | EDUCATION | LIFESTYLE FEATURES
- Dedicated reporter with a nose for news, a passion for community journalism and a reputation for impeccable ethics.
- Six-year record of commended performance as a staff reporter for print and online editions of local daily newspapers with circulations of up to 275,000.
- Adept storyteller who treats news, features and other events with equal passion and thrives within the deadline-intensive, 24x7 newsroom environment.
|EAGLE LAKE REVIEW -- Eagle Lake, MN||Staff Reporter, 2008 to 2009 |
|FERGUS FALLS JOURNAL -- Fergus Falls, MN||Staff Reporter, 2003 to 2008|
- Covered a range of areas (e.g., news, sports, business, education, healthcare, lifestyle, travel) as a full-time general assignment reporter (and photographer) for local dailies.
- Consistently singled out as one of the most prolific writers and productive story contributors among reporting staff at both papers. Never failed to meet a deadline.
- Provided complete, accurate and compelling coverage of both anticipated and spontaneous news for print and online media.
- Earned repeated commendations for excellence in writing, reporting, photojournalism and infographics.
|THE STAR TRIBUNE -- Minneapolis, MN||Intern, 2003 |
|ABC UNIVERSITY -- Minneapolis, MN||Public Information Intern, 2002|
- Interned at Minneapolis' major daily and at the Public Information Department of the University of Minnesota during junior and senior years.
- Fulfilled multifaceted duties that included reporting, news/feature writing, researching, fact-checking, proofreading and headline/cutline writing.
ABC UNIVERSITY -- Minneapolis, MN
BA in Journalism, 2003
CONCURRENT EMPLOYMENT: Served as Assistant Editor and Staff Reporter for university newspaper (The Minnesota Daily) throughout college career (1999 to 2003).
- Community Journalism
- Multimedia Reporting
- News Writing
- Sports Writing
- Business Writing
- Feature Writing
- AP Style
- Columns/Op Ed Pieces
- Proofreading / Editing
- Research & Fact-Checking
- Windows & Mac OS Platforms
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Digital & 35mm Cameras
- Infographics Tools & Software (Flash, Processing, Dundas, Infragistics)
Clips viewable at example-portfolio.com