Does your resume answer the call when it comes to conveying your skills for the best receptionist jobs? To see if you're making the most of your experience, view our sample resume for a receptionist below and get a download the resume template in Word here.
Learn more about administrative careers. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
5800 Park Drive, #37 | Sometown, IA 57000 | Home: (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
R E C E P T I O N I S T
|Customer Service Expert * MS Office "Power User" * Adept Written/Verbal Communicator |
|Office Skills: ||Telephone & Front Desk Reception, Customer Service, Filing, Database & Records Management, Executive & Administrative Support, Reports & Spreadsheets, Complaint Handling, Data Entry (75 WPM) |
|Computer Skills: ||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook, Windows Vista/XP |
XYZ CORPORATION (Sometown, IA), Receptionist, 3/08 to 8/12
- Excelled in role requiring the ability to handle a variety of customer service and administrative tasks and resolve customer issues with expediency.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in telephone and front-desk reception within a high-volume environment. Calmed upset/angry customers, researched and rapidly solved problems and rebuilt client trust to prevent the loss of key accounts.
- Led "cleanup" of company database and files. Restored organization to personnel, financial and operational records and accelerated data input, processing and retrieval times.
- Consistently praised by management for the quality and timeliness of reports, attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team-player attitude.
SOMETOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Sometown, IA), Receptionist, 3/07 to 2/08
- Served as first point of contact for students, faculty and staff calling or visiting the main administrative office. Efficiently operated campus switchboard and provided prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assistance.
- Transformed previously manual processes relating to vendor/supplier records into an efficient, computerized system. Efforts exposed overcharges and double billing to recover $5,000 in erroneous payments and prevent their recurrence.
SOMETOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Sometown, IA)
AS in Business, 2007
"Avery is a first-rate administrative support professional...excels in organizing our busy office… ensures all of our customers' needs are taken care of…truly an exceptional employee..."
-- Excerpts from 2010 Performance Review