Sample Resume for a Midlevel QA Software Tester
Learn more about quality assurance careers.Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for QA software tester jobs.
- Solutions-focused QA tester with four years of automation experience; high-level proficiency with QC and QTP toolsets; and a foundation in Java, VB Script, SQL, Perl, Linux/Unix and monitoring tools.
- Excel in creating test plans and writing/running automated test scripts to pinpoint software defects, track bugs, close open defects and validate functionality. Serve as a value-adding member of QA teams.
|Testing Tools:||HP QuickTest Professional, HP Quality Center|
|Monitoring Tools:||HP SiteScope, Wily Introscope, dynaTrace, Gomez|
|Testing Methodologies:||System Testing, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Reliability Testing, Feature Testing, Acceptance Testing, Functionality Testing, Validation|
|Scripting Tools:||Java, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, VB Scripting|
|Systems:||Unix, Linux, Windows|
ABC COMPANY -- Sometown, OH
Leading business solutions software provider with $18B in annual revenue
Software Quality Assurance Tester, 2/08 to Present
Junior Quality Assurance Tester, 12/07 to 2/08
Provide lifecycle management of automated testing projects on software and large database applications using QTP (including Object Spy), QC and various monitoring and scripting tools. Maintain cooperative relationships with developers and communicate with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
Highlights of Accomplishments:
- Promoted from junior QA tester role within two months of hire, outpacing ABC’s typical six-month timeline for junior testers. Recognized for developing excellent test plans/scripts and rapidly discovering defects.
- Contributed to high-reliability technology releases as a result of thorough testing that helped maintain ABC’s industry-leading sales ranking, market share and customer-satisfaction rating.
- Isolated deeply embedded software flaw in new version of company’s cornerstone software product prior to its 2010 release, saving approximately $150K in product-replacement costs.
- Employed a “test-to-break” approach on testing initiatives and clarified ambiguous requirements to ensure the effectiveness of all test plans.
- Improved the documentation of QA testing practices to enhance their repeatability, saving time and money and encouraging testing standardization and best practices.
Taught English at ABC High School (Sometown, OH) while pursuing computer science degree, 8/05 to 6/07.
XYZ University -- Sometown, OH
BS in Computer Science (GPA in Major: 3.8), 12/07
BA in Education (Minor in English), 6/05