Sample Resume for an Entry-Level QA Software Tester
If writing your resume for a junior software QA tester job is testing your patience, view this sample below for ideas on how you can improve your resume. View and download the Entry-Level QA Software Tester resume template in Word.
Learn more about quality assurance careers.
Entry-Level QA Software Tester Resume Sample
8901 Meadow Way, #389
Sometown, NJ 08094
Available for Extensive Travel
Able to Relocate
Junior Software QA Tester
1.5 Years of Experience in Manual & Automated Testing for Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
- SQA Tools & Best Practices
- Test Cases, Plans & Scripts
- Defect & Bug Discovery
- Technical Specification Analysis
- System & Unit Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Load Testing
- Tracking, Logging & Reporting
- Program Logic & Optimization
- Software Architecture Technologies
- Issue Identification & Documentation
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, NJ
Junior QA Tester, 6/2010 to Present
Perform system, unit, acceptance, regression, load and functional/performance testing on dozens of applications using both automated and manual testing methods. Leverage knowledge of object-oriented programming to help validate, verify, communicate and resolve software issues through careful, thoroughly documented testing to maximize return on investment (ROI) for IT initiatives.
- Excelled in finding, documenting and reporting bugs, errors, interoperability flaws and other issues within proprietary software applications developed for ABC Company’s global user base.
- Demonstrated methodical, detail-oriented and thorough approach to all assignments while adhering to compressed timelines. Complete all assignments on or ahead of schedule.
- Consistently recognized for excellent problem-solving and analytical skills by programmers, project managers and supervisors.
“…Despite her junior status, Darla is one of the leaders on my QA team…Many programmers personally request Darla for their QA efforts due to her technical knowledge, programming background, and ability to complete jobs quickly and accurately…Darla has earned my highest rating for this performance review period...”
AS in Computer Science, 6/2010
XYZ TECHNICAL COLLEGE — Sometown, NJ
|Testing Tools:||soapUI, Selenium Suite (Selenium IDE, Selenium Server, Selenium Remote Control, Selenium Grid, Selenium Java Client Driver); Agile; SilkTest; HP Testing Suite (Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, LoadRunner, Performance Center)|
|Languages:||Strong foundation in .Net and Java; basic familiarity with C# and XML|
|Software/Systems:||MS Office Suite, Windows 7/Vista/XP, Unix|