Sample Resume for a Process Engineer
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View our sample resume for a process engineer below and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
57 Ocean Ave. #35
Sometown, CA 90578
-- Currently Specializing in Fossil Fuel Alternatives --
- Internationally experienced process engineer with a 20-year record of success in propelling breakthrough process improvements and bottom-line gains for oil refineries in the US and overseas.
- Currently spearheading government research project to identify viable renewable energy sources to lessen the country’s dependence on foreign oil and achieve environmental goals.
- Expert in systems/process design, cost-reduction strategies and energy-saving solutions. Known for innovative problem solving, complex troubleshooting and skillful relationship-building with multinational client executives and teams.
US GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION, Washington, DC
Manages 25%+ of the government’s procurement dollars and influences the management of $500B in federal assets.
Senior Engineer Consultant / Fossil Fuel Alternatives Researcher, 5/09 to Present
Hired to research, source and secure contracts with US providers of energy-efficient alternative fuels to support goals of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Currently leading in-depth review of environmentally friendly energy producers, with early stages of negotiations under way on several multimillion-dollar agreements.
XYZ REFINERY SOLUTIONS INC., Sometown, CA
Engineering consulting firm serving petroleum refinery clients across the globe.
Senior Engineer Consultant, 4/02 to 5/09
Regarded as one of firm’s leading subject matter experts (SMEs) on refinery reconfiguration projects, leading various phases of consulting engagements for clients in the US, Japan, South Korea and India. Identified low-cost, high-yield process improvement opportunities for clients to drive millions of dollars in profit gains.
- Delivered refinery profit-improvement solutions valued from $4M to $16.8M through process enhancements paving the way for gains in throughput (increases of up to 14%) coupled with cost and energy savings.
- Simulated and evaluated refinery reconfiguration alternatives for clients worldwide to identify best-option solutions. Consistently commended for the quality, detail, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables such as:
- Catalyst Life Simulations
- Unit Performance
& Instrumentation Analysis
- Product Quality/Yield Forecasts
- Refinery Process Flow Diagrams
- Heat & Material Balances
- Engineering Feasibility Studies
- Achieved client objectives, including optimizing marginal fuel (23% improvement), maximizing catalyst usage (45% increase in catalyst run length) and eliminating costly and unnecessary processes (such as VDU wax recycling that saved client $4M+ annually).
- Worked with all levels of management and client teams to drive consensus, collaboration and forward momentum toward the completion of project milestones and the attainment of client goals.
ABC OIL COMPANY, Sometown, TX
Fortune 500 oil company.
Senior Process Engineer, 1/97 to 4/02
Process Engineer, 8/89 to 12/96
Promoted to senior process engineer for large-scale projects, including a $355M coker process design and a $21M cumene plant revamp (inclusive of new hot oil system and transition to new zeolite catalyst technology). In previous position, functioned as process engineer/team leader for high-priority initiatives involving cokers, furnace failure investigations, pipelines, process optimization studies, permit renewal packages and pyro-fractionator neutralizing amine injection projects.
- Guided project team in developing AFE for cumene revamp and engineered improvements on hot oil exchanger system that boosted energy efficiency to an all-time high of 98.6%.
- Played an instrumental role on inter-refinery propylene pipeline project, designing enhancements that were subsequently adopted company-wide.
- Formally recognized for leadership of basis development and process design for a $355M refinery coker project.
- Saved $1.8M in fixed costs by spearheading new flush procedures that extended hydrotreater catalyst lifespan by several years.
- Identified savings/improvement opportunities and solved challenging technical, process-flow and resource-limitation problems.
- Relied on as one of plant’s primary trainers of newly hired process engineers. Led comprehensive training on topics including safe operations of process units (including MOCs, HAZOPs and P&IDs); SPC analysis; and refinery standards and procedures.
COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY, Fort Collins, CO
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemical Engineering, 1989
- Honors: Dean’s List (multiple semesters); graduated with honors (GPA: 3.7)
- Internship: Served as plant lab technician during 12-month co-op assignment (6/88 to 6/89) for XYZ-CHEM, INC. Conducted an array of analyses on feed materials, products and water discharge for naphthenic acid plant.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Process Simulation Software (Hysim, Aspen)
Available for Nationwide Relocation & International Travel