Your resume is the lifeblood of your job search. Click this sample resume for a phlebotomist to see how you can communicate your phlebotomy credentials and draw your resume to the top of the stack. View and download the resume template in Word format here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for phlebotomist jobs.
Greg Myers, CPT
490 Grove St., Sometown, CA 93000
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: email@example.com
- AMT-certified and state-licensed phlebotomist backed by five years of experience within hospital and blood-bank settings.
- Skillful and precise in performing venipunctures and capillary punctures; collecting, preparing and storing blood samples; and verifying medical records.
- Possess excellent patient-relations skills – known for having a gentle touch and the ability to alleviate patient anxieties.
- Venipuncture & Capillary Puncture
- Blood Collection & Handling Safety
- Medical Records Review
- Blood Specimen Storage
- Patient & Donor Care
- Quality Assurance & Controls
Phlebotomist, ABC Hospital (Sometown, CA), 2011 to Present
- Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture.
- Follow infection-control and safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions.
- Prepare blood-collecting equipment, draw blood, and safely store and transport samples.
- Build trust and minimize patient discomfort during phlebotomy procedures while efficiently collecting blood specimens.
Phlebotomist, DEF Organization (Sometown, CA), 2007 to 2011
- Performed phlebotomy functions within blood donor center as well as mobile blood-bank units.
- Eased donors’ stress and made the experience as comfortable as possible, which attracted a steady stream of repeat donors.
- Honored as a member of mobile team that collected 25,000+ units of lifesaving blood, setting a new record for DEF Organization.
Education & Credentials
Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Phlebotomy, XYZ University (Sometown, CA), 2007
Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT), American Medical Technologists (AMT), 2007 to Present
Licensed Phlebotomist, State of California, 2007 to Present
Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS), 2007 to Present