Sample Resume for a Pharmacy Technician
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for pharmacy technician jobs.
|1512 Elm Road
Sometown, SC 29606
Certified Pharmacy Technician offering more than three years of experience within a leading national drugstore chain and a small community pharmacy. Dedicated, hard-working and reliable professional who maintains a focus on accuracy and delivers courteous service at all times.
ABC PHARMACY (Fortune 500 retail pharmacy chain), Sometown, SC
Pharmacy Technician, 12/09 to Present
- Swiftly and correctly calculate dosages, dispense medications, prepare prescription labels and fill prescriptions for approval by pharmacists.
- Use the pharmacy’s proprietary computer program to access prescription information including patient and prescriber data, drug selection, prescription interpretation and insurance billing.
- Research and resolve dosage conflicts, potentially harmful drug interactions, insurance issues and other matters to ensure patient safety/wellness and build customer loyalty.
DEF PHARMACY (Community pharmacy chain), Sometown, SC
Pharmacy Technician, 1/09 to 12/09
Pharmacy Technician Trainee, 7/08 to 1/09
- Completed practicum at DEF Pharmacy and subsequently offered enrollment in formal training program followed by full-time employment.
- Worked alongside licensed pharmacists to provide excellent service within high-volume retail setting.
- Helped migrate pharmacy to new patient records system – transferred hundreds of profiles to database and trained several coworkers on new system.
ABC COLLEGE (ASHP-Accredited Program), Sometown, SC
Pharmacy Technician, Diploma in Applied Science, 6/08
- Completed 225 practicum hours at DEF Pharmacy, GHI Pharmacy and JKL Pharmacy.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), 6/09 (recertified through 6/13)
South Carolina Pharmacy Technician Certification, 7/10 (license is current)
RECENT WORKSHOPS COMPLETED:
Inventory Management, Compounding, Automated Devices for Dispensing Drugs, Pharmacology and the Nervous System, Drug Classifications, HIPAA, Pharmacy Law and Ethics