If a side effect of your resume is that it isn't generating interviews, it's time for a dose of inspiration. Check out this resume sample for an entry-level pharmacy technician to see how to create a pharm tech resume that gets noticed. View and download the resume template in Word here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for pharmacy technician jobs.
MARIE BRODY, CPhT
55 Main St. | Sometown, AZ 85287
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: email@example.com
Certified Pharmacy Technician
- PTCB-certified pharmacy technician with a high level of motivation to launch career in this field.
- Training has included four weeks of practice in a clinical externship as well as training in a state-of-the-art pharmacy laboratory.
- Learned from respected PharmD instructors, gaining a foundation in pharmacy best practices, medication pharmacology, pharmaceutical calculations and prescription processing.
- Background also includes experience as a retail pharmacy cashier – provided exemplary patient care and ensured a positive customer experience.
Education & Credentials
ABC TECHNICAL INSTITUTE, Sometown, AZ
Pharmacy Technician Diploma, 5/2012
- Graduated from ASHP-accredited school, acquiring the knowledge to sit for and pass the CPhT exam on the first attempt.
- Earned “A” grade after completing 160-hour clinical externship at XYZ Pharmacy.
- Completed curriculum delivered in classroom, online and lab settings covering topics including:
- Medical & Pharmaceutical Terminology
- Pharmacology of Medications
- Retail Pharmacy Procedures
- Medicare & Medicaid Reimbursements
- Pharmaceutical Calculations
- FDA Drug Safety Guidelines
- Pharmacy Practice Ethics
- Prescription Filling
- Medication Compounding
- Basic Anatomy
- Patient Care & Interaction
- Medication Inventory Management
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), 5/2012
- Trainee License, Arizona State Board of Pharmacy, 3/2012
- Sterile Products Certification, National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA), 2012
Retail Pharmacy Experience
DEF COMPANY, Sometown, AZ
Family-owned neighborhood drugstore offering a full-service retail pharmacy, as well as over-the-counter drugs, beauty products, film-processing services and convenience foods.
Cashier, 2011 to 2012
- Worked in a busy neighborhood drugstore and gained hands-on knowledge of retail pharmacy operations.
- Provided friendly customer service that helped retain customers despite fierce competition in the industry.
- Demonstrated accuracy in cashiering, cash handling and credit-card processing, consistently balancing cash drawer to the penny.
- Routinely commended for maintaining an orderly and clean store appearance.
Available for Evening and Weekend Shift Work