If you’re an ambitious office assistant targeting a promotion to management, get your resume in shape for that step up. View our sample resume and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
See an alternate office assistant resume sample here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jane M. Lawrence
24 Lincoln Way, Sometown, WY 82001
555-555-5555 | email@example.com
Targeting Office Management Opportunities
Administrative professional eager to leverage five years of experience and office management certification to secure an office manager position. Highly organized, efficient and skilled in a variety of office support tasks, including:
- Office Organization & Administration
- Records & Database Management
- General Bookkeeping (A/P & A/R)
- Telephone & Front Office Reception
- Spreadsheets & Reports
- Scheduling & Calendaring
- Meeting & Event Planning
- Filing & Data Entry (75 WPM)
ACME INC. -- Sometown, WY -- Midsize marketing and PR firm
Office Assistant, 2006 to Present
Provide administrative and executive support within busy office. Manage executive team's calendar; plan client meetings; prepare reports, spreadsheets and presentations; manage records; and administer database. Results:
ABC AGENCY -- Sometown, WY -- Professional temp services agency
- Earned "outstanding" ratings on annual reviews for the past three years. Recognized for high-quality work, organizational strengths and exceptional customer service delivery.
- Praised by supervisor for excellent performance as interim office manager (supervising three staff) during her eight-week leave.
- Became Acme's primary creator of PowerPoint presentations and the main troubleshooter of MS Office issues.
- Excelled within deadline-intensive environment, ensuring the accurate and on-time completion of all projects.
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Payroll Clerk, 2004 to 2006
Handled temporary assignments for diverse clients (e.g., high tech, manufacturing, real estate, government and education). Results:
- Demonstrated the ability to learn new organizational processes, workflows, policies and procedures with minimal ramp-up time.
- Identified billing errors and recovered $5,500 in vendor overpayments. Implemented tracking mechanisms to prevent future recurrences.
- Created databases and spreadsheets that improved inventory management and reporting accuracy.
XYZ COMMUNITY COLLEGE - Sometown, WY
Certificate in Office Management, 2009. Program Highlights:
- Organizational Management
- Business Communications
- Leadership & Supervision
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
- Office & Computer Systems
- Critical Analysis
- Interpersonal Relations
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio
- Windows XP/Vista
"...Jane's administrative and customer support skills are second-to-none…shows exceptional attention to detail while maintaining a heavy workload…a team player and a consummate professional..." 2009 Performance Review Excerpts, Acme Inc.
"...Your excellent work as interim office manager shows that you are ready to assume increased responsibilities..." 2008 Performance Review Excerpts, Acme Inc.
"...Jane's outstanding planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills have kept the office running smoothly..." 2007 Performance Review Excerpts, Acme Inc.
For more information and tips to help you advance your administrative career, see all our advice for admin professionals.