As you build your mechanical engineering skills, build your resume as well so you're ready for the next job opportunity. Get ideas from this sample resume for a midlevel mechanical engineer below. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for mechanical engineer jobs.
Ross Reynolds, PE
15 Main St., Sometown, PA 18011 * Cell: 555-555-5555 * Email: email@example.com
Mechanical EngineerPE-licensed mechanical engineer offering four years of product-development experience within manufacturing settings and current studies toward an ME degree. Proven ability to create cost-effective, cutting-edge designs that meet project and product specifications. Expert user of CAD programs and skilled producer of mechanical engineering documentation and drawings.
Mechanical Engineer –– ABC Company, 3/10 to Present
Junior Mechanical Engineer –– DEF Company, 3/08 to 3/10
- Recruited to design, develop, validate and test mechanical components for a leading manufacturer of off-road machinery parts. Served on team that introduced new or enhanced existing products in the following categories: torque convertors, cylinder heads, exhaust elbows, turbochargers, turbo couplings and muffler stacks.
- Assist in all phases of the product-development lifecycle, from conceptualizing new product ideas through sketching, creating models, developing engineering designs, prototyping, testing, supporting production and rolling out new and improved products.
- Conduct modeling, simulation and analysis of structural components using CAD techniques, Creo Elements/Pro and Abaqus FEA Suite.
- Provided mechanical engineering support to the product-development team for one of the country’s fastest-growing underwater LED lighting manufacturers.
- Contributed to the successful release of two LED anchor-masthead and three LED underwater lighting products.
AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Creo Elements/Pro, Abaqus FEA Suite, MS Project, MATLAB, TrackWise, Minitab, MS Office
ABC College, Sometown, PADEF College, Sometown, PA
Completing Master of Engineering (ME) degree, expected 5/13
BS in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), 5/08
Licensure: Professional Engineer (PE), 4/11 l Engineer In Training (EIT), 4/09
- Pi Tau Sigma, Mechanical Engineering Honor Society
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) * Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)