Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer
As you embark on your engineering career, you'll need a resume that performs like a well-oiled machine. View this sample resume for an entry-level mechanical engineer below for ideas on how you can tune up your own resume. View and download the Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer resume template in Word.
Learn more about engineering careers.
15 Sideview Way | Sometown, PA 17000
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Recent graduate of ABET-accredited BSME program seeking
an entry-level mechanical engineering position.
Key skills and knowledge areas:
ABC University -- Sometown, PA
Ranked in the top 10 mechanical engineering schools by US News and World Report
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), GPA: 3.4, 12/2011
Completed Courses in Major:
- Statics, Dynamics, Engineering Analysis, Mechanics of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics of Machinery, Measurement and Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering Thermodynamics, Industrial Processes, Elements of Material Engineering, Machine Design, Mechanical Vibrations, Thermal Systems Laboratory, Heat and Mass Transfer
Senior Design Project (6/2011 to 12/2011):
- Completed senior project at DEF Company, a manufacturer of machine tools for the sheet metal industry.
- Assisted engineering department in designing straight hand seamer used in bending, seaming and flattening sheet metal.
- Created models using SolidWorks and participated in cross-functional product-development meetings.
- Contributed idea for change in handle design that is expected to improve comfort and safety when gripping the seamer. Product is currently in preproduction testing phase.
Programs: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MS Project, MATLAB, MS Excel
Machining and Welding Tools: CNCs, mills, lathes, angle grinders, plasma cutters, oxy-acetylene torches, arc welders, band saws, grinders, shears, drill presses, chop saws, etc.
Machinist & Welder (contractor), 9/2010 to Present
Hired by ABC Machining Company as well as local construction companies to handle per-diem projects.
- Earned a reputation as a talented machinist and welder. Developed excellent fabrication and machine shop skills, completing all projects on time and to specifications.
- Handled welding assignments that involved installing, repairing and fabricating materials (sheet metal, steel, tools, parts, doors, gates and more). Became adept at reading blueprints/drawings and fulfilling work orders.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in operating equipment and machines including CNC machines, cutting machines and hydraulic presses for the fabrication of mechanical components.