Sample Resume for an Experienced Mechanical Designer
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for mechanical design jobs.
|5443 Custer Ave.|
Sometown, NJ 07184
LinkedIn Profile URL
|Home: (555) 555-5555|
Cell: (555) 555-1234
|Extensive Creo Elements/Pro (Pro/E Wildfire) Experience Within High-Volume Production Environments|
- Mechanical designer with more than seven years of experience providing technical design direction on hardware, mechanical products, machine parts and components for global ISO manufacturers.
- Expert in creating detailed mechanical drawings for piece parts and assemblies from Pro/E/NX models. Adept in maximizing form, fit and function through meticulous design model evaluation.
- Backed by advanced skills in DFM best practices and numerous CAD/CAE/CAM tools, ERP systems and database/data-storage programs. Earn consistent recognition as a visionary solutions engineer.
ABC Company — Sometown, NJ
Senior Mechanical Designer, 6/07 to Present
Oversee a five-member design group, providing design direction on products, parts and components used in food processing, semiconductor manufacturing, industrial knitting machines and other applications. Lead evaluation and analysis of designs produced by direct reports. Projects & Results:
- Managed all phases of the design process for a multitude of products, components, parts, assemblies and subassemblies, including drafting, dimensioning, tolerancing, prototyping and documenting results. Known for quality excellence and a “do-it-right-the-first-time” design standard.
- Commended for strengths in defining, assessing and satisfying complex product functional specifications and manufacturability concerns.
- Designed innovative component/module replacements for existing machinery that improved functioning and extended the life of equipment thought to be obsolete for a fraction of the total replacement cost.
- Developed new assemblies that accelerated client production line speed by up to 25%.
- Became the go-to expert on evaluating design models for ISO, DFM and form-fit-function compliance. Saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in costly rework through careful design review that identified flaws in new subassembly and parts models prior to production.
DEF Company — Sometown, NJ
Mechanical Designer, 9/03 to 6/07
Gained diverse mechanical design experience spanning sheet metal/welded assembly design; injection molding design; tubing/hose/fitting design; fastening design; corrosion control; wiring harness design; ferrous and aluminum casting design; bearing system/gear design; pneumatic controls; and vibration isolation design.
XYZ TECHNICAL INSTITUTE — Sometown, NJ
AS in Mechanical Drafting & Design Technology, 6/03