Are you eager to launch your mechanical design career, but lack practical experience? This resume below shows how to present your academic credentials so you can get noticed. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for mechanical design jobs.
1571 Valley View Road | Sometown, IA 50125
Cell Phone: 555-555-5555 | Email: MJones@somedomain.com
Entry-Level Mechanical Designer
CAD & CAE Tools: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, FEMtools and TurboCAD
- Recent BSET graduate offering experience using CAD and CAE tools, a foundation in 2D/3D modeling and structural design, and a drive for performance excellence.
- Hands-on experience creating mechanical design drawings using SolidWorks and configuring components using AutoCAD.
- Academic career distinguished by Dean’s List honors and extracurricular leadership success.
XYZ University | Sometown, IAMechanical Design Practicum:Worked with team members to develop specifications and drawings for a dynamic simulation model of a four-stroke internal combustion engine. Supercharged power output limits and developed an algorithm for measuring the peak-pressure balancing process. Earned an “A” grade on team project.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology, 12/2011
Concentration in Mechanical Design
Honors: Dean’s List (Fall 2011, Spring 2011)
Degree Program Highlights:
- Engineering Graphics
- Plastics Materials Processing
- Joining & Casting Processes
- Packaging Fundamentals
- Industrial Hydraulics
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Electromechanical Interfaces
- Mechanics of Solids
- 3D Computer Modeling & Rendering
- Solid Modeling
- Prototype Development
- Structural/Thermal Design
PHI KAPPA PSI, Philanthropy Chair, 2011 to 2012
ABC LEADER INSTITUTE, Graduate, 2012
- Helped plan several fundraisers for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation that raised a combined total of $105K (setting an all-time record for fraternity).
STUDENT GOVERNMENT, Senator, 2010 to 2011
- Completed intensive leadership training program focused on leading with integrity.
UNION PROGRAMS, Publicity Chair, 2009 to 2010
- Elected to represent fellow students, serving as a primary campus Student Government Association liaison. Served on policy-making committees and represented student interests at university functions.
- Led publicity and promotions for special events, films, lectures and concerts.
Available for Nationwide Relocation