Sample Resume for a Manufacturing Sales Rep
Need to sell your sales skills and experience to potential employers in the manufacturing industry? View and download the Manufacturing Sales Rep resume template in Word.
Learn more about manufacturing careers.
Learn more about sales careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
252 Main St.
Sometown, NJ 55555
Home: (201) 555-5555
- Top-ranked sales professional with an eight-year record of success within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong business development skills proved through #1 ranking among 14 first-year employees, membership in Million-Dollar Club and delivery of $5.22 million in revenues in 2008.
- Adept at building a strong bond with each prospect and customer -- from lead generation to close and beyond -- through consultative, solution-based approach.
5/2007-Present, ABC Company (plastics manufacturer), Jersey City, NJ
Charged with developing and executing sales strategies throughout Tri-State area (NY, NJ and PA). Manage approximately 700 accounts and grow customer base through networking, referrals, cold calling and sales presentations. Accountable for meeting sales quota and maintaining optimal client satisfaction.
- Grew base from $1.56 million to $5.22 million in 19 months, increasing accounts from 220 to 700. Consistently met or exceeded monthly quotas by as much as 192%.
- Gained membership in Million-Dollar Club by producing more than $1 million in sales (2007, 2008).
- Prompted large government client to switch from a competitor's product, resulting in a $178K sale and unseating of a prevailing competitor in the field.
- Achieved a 90% conversion-rate average on appointment sales (one of the highest companywide).
- Became known as a focused "hunter" of new business, leveraging excellent listening skills and talent for articulating the value-add of represented products and services.
- Earned "Rookie of the Year" award for top sales results in 2007.
4/2003-5/2007, DEF Company (printed circuit board manufacturer), Brooklyn, NY
Recruited to rebuild New York territory, with responsibility for maximizing revenues through aggressive networking, cold calling and consultative sales. Fostered strong customer relationships throughout territory; produced weekly reports documenting sales activities; and kept abreast of trends, competitive products and industry developments.
- Awarded "Sales Representative of the Year" for delivering $1.2 million in revenue and achieving 123% of plan within first year of hire.
- Continued to exceed sales objectives, outperforming quota by an average of 20% throughout four-year tenure.
- Conducted regional seminars for new product, which increased company growth by 12% despite a sluggish economy.
- Created sales campaigns that catapulted market-share gains from 1% to 14% to dominate specialized markets within the industry.
- Transformed minimally producing territory into one of the company's most lucrative revenue generators. Built trust, salvaged damaged relationships and won back product loyalty.
9/2001-6/2005, ABC College, Brooklyn, NY
- Bachelor of Science degree in business management; minor in communications
- Completed degree while working full-time
Professional Development Courses:
- Sales Optimization Training, New York, NY
- Zig Ziglar Sales Achievement Program, Jersey City, NJ
|Skill Name||Skill Level||Last Used/Experience|
|Consultative Sales / Solution Selling||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Key Account Management||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Channel Development & Growth||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|B2B and B2G Sales||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Client Relations / Customer Care||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Sales Tracking & Forecasting||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|PowerPoint Presentations||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|Lead Generation / Pipeline Development||Expert||Currently used/8 years|
|MS Project and ACT!||Intermediate||Currently used/8 years|
Entrepreneurial business development professional with a passion for sales and service excellence. Consistently recognized for superior performance and contributions to company profitability. Here's what others have to say:
"Wesley is a top sales professional with the drive, ambition and ability to continually succeed. He has achieved outstanding sales results well in excess of 100% of quota on a consistent basis. He has top-notch sales skills and his desire to learn and grow has placed him among the company's best." -- Joanna Dunn, Supervisor, ABC Company
"Wesley's professionalism is the main reason we chose ABC Company's product line. He answered all of our questions, followed through when he said he would and customized products that met our unique needs. Kudos to Wesley and your team!" -- Philip Strong, CEO, XYZ Company
"We will greatly miss Wesley on our sales team. He has proven to be a dynamic sales leader who will not stop until the sale is made. His next employer will be very lucky indeed." -- Alison Yu, VP Sales, DEF Company