Just as you analyze specimen samples in your laboratory work, you should analyze resume samples to get ideas for improving your resume. This entry-level medical lab technician resume sample below emphasizes procedural lab skills developed in a hospital setting. View and download the resume template in Word format here.
Learn more about healthcare careers. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for medical laboratory technician jobs.
Tracey Smith, MLT
55 Pleasant Drive | Sometown, DE 19703 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | BeKnown URL
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Quality-focused medical lab tech with excellent clinical skills gained through hands-on experience within one of the largest health services providers in Delaware. Perform all laboratory tests and procedures with expedience, attention to detail and optimum quality.
Cell Counts; Urinalyses; Body Fluid Analyses; Cytology, Histology, Serology and Hematology Testing; Metabolic & Electrolyte Panels; Liver, Renal and Thyroid Function Testing; Blood Typing; Lipid Profiles; Toxicology Screening; Routine Cultures
ABC Hospital (Delaware’s second-largest healthcare system) | Sometown, DE
Medical Laboratory Technician, 6/11 to Present
- Assist hospital physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, injuries and medical conditions by providing clinical testing and specimen analysis.
- Conduct lab tests in the areas of hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, serology, immunology, bone marrow and FNA collections.
- Prepare chemical solutions, reagents and specimens for microscopic examination; perform laboratory tests; analyze and report findings; and investigate atypical results and discrepancies to determine causation.
- Expedite critical testing results without compromising sample validity or quality assurance.
DEF Medical Center (nonprofit healthcare provider serving the Sometown area) | Sometown, DE
Medical Laboratory Technician, 9/10 to 6/11
Education & Certification
- Performed lab analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Recommended improvements to supply ordering and inventory management that increased efficiency and lowered costs (saving approximately $5,000 annually).
- Stringently followed lab protocols, sanitation standards and testing procedures.
GHI College | Sometown, DE
Associate of Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, 2010
- Graduated with honors (3.6 GPA) from NAACLS-accredited MLT program
- Course Highlights: Medical Lab Practices, Organic/Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Principles of Hematology & Hemostasis, Pathogenic Microbiology, Blood Banking, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Microbiology, Immunohematology, Supervised Clinical Experience
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) | Board of Certification
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), 2010