Sample Resume for a Midlevel IT Project Manager
If perfecting your resume is your next project deliverable, check out our resume sample below for an IT project manager for ideas and inspiration. View and download the Midlevel IT Project Manager resume template in Word.
Learn more about project management careers.
Midlevel IT Project Manager Resume Sample
KASEY BENSOM, PMP
1757 Oceanview Lane | Sometown, CA 91202 | 555.555.5555
KB@somedomain.com | BeKnown Profile URL | LinkedIn URL
PROJECT MANAGER: Specializing in Enterprise IT Implementations
Excel in liaising between business and technical areas to achieve on-time, on-budget and on-spec project completions. Able to merge customer and user needs with business requirements, budgetary restrictions and logistical considerations to meet project deliverables.
PMP-certified project manager with five years of experience providing cradle-to-grave management over large-scale IT implementations
Education & Credentials
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
Project Management Professional (PMP), 2009
XYZ UNIVERSITY — Sometown, CA
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, 2007
- Honors: J. Walters Academic Scholarship, Dean’s List (2003 to 2005)
- Internship: Network Administration Intern at 1-2-3 Company (2006)
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, CA
Provide project lifecycle leadership over all phases of enterprisewide IT implementations within a multistate, 6,500-user organization.
Project Manager, Technology Implementation Group, 2009 to Present
Assistant Project Manager, 2008 to 2009
- Promoted to project manager role to plan, schedule and execute all stages of enterprise software, hardware and system implementations. Assessed business implications for each project phase and monitored progress to meet deadlines, standards and cost targets.
- Drove impressive improvements across the business as a result of IT implementations. Equipped ABC with solutions that accelerated the bidding process on architectural projects by 45%, shortened the sales cycle by 50%, increased cash collections by 35% and saved $1.2M annually.
- Excelled in guiding the work of technical teams. Articulated project goals and scope, translated business needs into technical terms, prepared detailed work breakdown structures (WBS) and instilled shared accountability for achieving project milestones.
- Created cost-benefit analyses and ROI assessments that were used as the basis for decision-making on proposed IT implementation projects.
- Resolved numerous project issues including staffing shortages, tactical matters, scope creep and divergent business and user needs.
DEF COMPANY — Sometown, CA
Network Administrator, 2007 to 2008
- Developed strong technical foundation as a network administrator within a 2,500-user, mixed-platform environment.
- Optimized network uptime to 99.9%, led a major network upgrade, and improved systems security and reliability.
- Project Lifecycle Management
- Enterprise Implementations
- System Migrations
- Definition & Analysis
- Project Scheduling
- Team Building & Leadership
- Project Budgeting &
- Cost Controls
- Quality Assurance
Software & RDBMS:
MS Project (expert), Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Oracle, SQL Server
TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, DNS
Windows, Unix, Linux