Sample resume for experienced IT help desk employee
If you work on an IT help desk, our sample resume below can help you best portray your unique experience in the technology field. This resume is an example of our Resume Writing Services. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts.
View and download the IT help desk resume template in Word.
IT Help Desk Resume Sample
3209 W. Main St.
Sometown, TX 75035
(555) 555-1234 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Solutions-driven professional with 10+ years’ experience providing rapid and client-focused technical support to 200+ users. Demonstrated capacity to identify root causes and direct users to lasting resolutions. Adept at articulating complex technical concepts to users of varying technical understanding. Well versed in a variety of common operating systems, applications, and hardware with a proven ability to master new tools and technologies quickly. Outstanding interpersonal strengths illustrated by multiple service awards.
- Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
- End-user Training & Support
- Scheduled & Ad Hoc Maintenance
- Client Relationship Management
- Root Cause Analysis
- System Implementation
- Rapid Ticket Response Times
- Detailed Documentation
- Provide technical support for 200+ users and ensure proper maintenance of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Respond to user service requests and expediently resolve trouble tickets to maximize system uptime.
- Deploy new workstations and printers, installing operating systems, applications, and drivers, and configuring network properties and hardware.
- Support disaster recovery plans, performing regular backups and creating Ghost images of workstations prior to upgrades.
- Key Achievements:
- Outperformed peers by maintaining outstanding record of technical support service, resolving 95% of all trouble tickets without escalation to senior support specialists.
- Substantially increased security and performance of systems by initiating installation of new anti-virus software and critical operating system updates.
- Significantly reduced workstation set up time by developing a disk cloning procedure to streamline operating system implementation and security properties configuration.
- Assisted 100+ users in resolving diverse hardware and software issues.
- Ensured quick resolution of user concerns and escalated more complicated support issues to senior helpdesk representatives and field service engineers.
- Key Achievements:
- Reduced user callback rate by 20% through accurate assessment of root causes of technical issues and consistent implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Earned "Employee of the Month Award" for comprehensive technical knowledge and outstanding customer service.
- Trained departmental staff in the use of company systems and applications, providing ongoing support.
- Installed applications and coordinated all hardware / software upgrades.
- Key Achievement:
- Increased departmental efficiency and reduced operational costs by automating several routine database management tasks.
Associate of Science in Computer Technology
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) (In Progress)