Sample Resume for a Midlevel IT Help Desk Professional
Does your IT help desk resume need some help? Showcase your technical, diagnostic and customer service skills to generate interest from employers. Get inspired with this sample resume for a midlevel help desk professional below. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service
Search for IT help desk jobs.
3209 W. Main St. | Sometown, TX 75035
Phone: (555) 555-1234 | email@example.com
MULTI-CERTIFIED IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Tier 1 Help Lines | Technical Support | User Training | Software/PC/LAN Troubleshooting
- MCDST, MOS and CompTIA A+ certified professional with four years of help desk experience providing software, hardware, client/server and networking technical support.
- Proven success working in high-volume, 24x7 technical call centers. Demonstrated strengths in rapidly diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client issues.
- Consistently praised for communicating effectively with both technical and nontechnical users. Known for excellent problem-solving skills and patience in dealing with frustrated users.
Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access); instant messaging software; VMware applications
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, SeaMonkey Navigator
Call-Tracking Tools: HEAT, Remedy
Hardware: PCs, Laptops, Telephony Systems, Printers, Routers, Modems
Networking: LAN & VPN/Remote Connectivity, TCP/IP
Platforms: Windows, Unix, NetWare Servers, Citrix
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, TX
Tier 1 Help Desk, 2010 to Present
- Routinely exceed call-handling goals, closing an average of 60 calls daily (25% above quota) with a 75% first-call resolution ratio and an average talk-time of 5.5 minutes -- well below 7-minute goal.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a range of software, hardware and connectivity issues. Excel in asking probing questions and researching, analyzing and rectifying problems.
XYZ COMPANY — Sometown, TX
Help Desk Technician, 2008 to 2010
- Partnered with Tier II and Tier III help desk peers based in the US, India and Brazil to resolve complex problems that required escalation. Provided detailed descriptions of issues in trouble ticket system and followed up diligently to ensure swift resolutions.
- Received "outstanding" ratings on performance reviews each year, with top marks in teamwork, customer service, communication skills and technical problem-solving.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician(MCDST), 2010
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), 2009
CompTIA A+, 2009
ABC COLLEGE — Sometown, TX
Completed Computer Science and Liberal Arts Courses, 2007 to 2008