Make sure your resume is as rock-solid as the security strategies you design and implement. Our sample resume for an information security specialist below will show you how. Plus, get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Learn more about IT careers. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
BRIAN M. O'MALLEY
296 E. Dakota Park Way
Sometown, FL 30987
Phone: (555) 555-5555
INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST
Multicertified Expert in Enterprise Security Strategies
Infosec specialist whose qualifications include a degree in computer science; CISSP, MCSE and Security+ designations; and detailed knowledge of security tools, technologies and best practices. Nine years of experience in the creation and deployment of solutions protecting networks, systems and information assets for diverse companies and organizations.
- Security Technologies: Retina Network Security Scanner; SSH; SSL; Digital Certificates; Anti-Virus Tools (Norton, Symantec, Ghost, etc.)
- Systems: Unix-Based Systems (Solaris, Linux, BSD); Windows (all)
- Networking: LANs, WANs, VPNs, Routers, Firewalls, TCP/IP
- Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
- Network & System Security
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Authentication & Access Control
- System Monitoring
- Regulatory Compliance
- System Integration Planning
- Multitier Network Architectures
Became an expert in information systems security for multiple clients and employers.
- XYZ Co., Sometown, FL, Information Security Consultant, 2009-Present
- ABC Co., Sometown, TN, Senior Information Security Specialist, 2004-2008
- 123 Co., Sometown, FL, Information Security Specialist, 2002-2004
- R&R Ltd., Sometown, FL, Network Administrator, 2000-2002
Recent Project Highlights:
- Economic Recovery: Currently directing the information security portion of major system implementations linking schools, universities, libraries and hospitals nationwide into shared networks. Devised enterprise security strategies safeguarding information assets and ensuring compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Government Sector: Assisted in the development and launch of secure, recoverable and fault-tolerant systems for data access and identity management for dozens of state and federal government agencies.
- Financial Sector: Led business-critical information security initiatives for large financial institutions involving encryption of customer data to ensure compliance with change in federal laws.
- Fortune 500 Sector: Modernized outdated information security awareness programs for several F500 corporations, and led companywide training on crucial new infosec policies, procedures and technologies.
- Infrastructure: Led comprehensive security infrastructure upgrades (e.g., firewall/VPN upgrades, intrusion detection, token-based authentication and remote management) for various midsize and large companies.
- Risk Management: Protected vulnerable networks following detailed risk assessments. Guided cross-functional teams in the design, validation, acceptance testing and implementation of secure, networked communications across remote sites for several key clients.
University of Florida, Sometown, FL
BS in Computer Science, 2000
- CISSP, 2008
- MCSE, 2008
- Security+, 2007
Able to Relocate & Travel Extensively | Available for Full-Time & Contract Assignments