Sample Resume for a High School Grad/Veterinary Assistant
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View and download the High School Grad/Veterinary Assistant resume template in Word.
Learn more about animal services careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Amy Lynne Anderson
55 Elm St., Sometown, AZ 85701 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com
Veterinary assistant candidate whose qualifications include a high school diploma (earned with honors) and a passion for caring for animals. Experience includes:
- Two years of dedicated service as an SPCA animal shelter volunteer;
- Four years as an active member/officer in 4-H;
- Four years of experience as a horse owner and competitive barrel racer; and
- Eight years of experience as a pet owner (dogs, cats, rabbits, macaw).
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL -- Sometown, AZ
High School Diploma, 2011 (GPA: 3.8)
Honors: National Honor Society
SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS -- Sometown, AZ
Animal Ambassador II, 1/10-Present
Animal Ambassador I, 10/09-12/09
Advanced to level II animal ambassador at Sometown SPCA Animal Shelter after completing intensive "Animal Handling" training and 20 hours of volunteer work in two months. Currently volunteer for an average of 16 hours monthly, assisting in training, socializing and feeding animals awaiting adoption as well as handling basic shelter upkeep tasks. Qualified for "Medical Services Assistant" training, set to begin in January 2012.
ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
- Member/Vice President, 4-H Club (Sometown Chapter), 2007-2011
- County Winner (First Place), 4-H Public Speaking Contest, 2011
- State 4-H Finalist, Level I Equestrian (Western), 2009
- Placed in the Top 3 at eight rodeos as a competitive barrel racer (youth division), 2008-2011
"...Amy has been a very dedicated SPCA volunteer… her love of animals is evident in the caring treatment she has consistently provided...
"...has a gentle, calming manner that animals really respond to...
"...Amy is a hard worker and a fast learner...I seldom have to show her something more than once before she has completely mastered it...
"...interacts very well with shelter staff, fellow volunteers and the general public...
"...I have no doubt that Amy will make a fine veterinary assistant...she has my highest recommendation"
-- Marcy Elias, Director, Sometown SPCA Shelter