This resume sample for a software engineer can help you develop a powerful resume for a career in healthcare technology. Check it out below and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
14 West. Ave.
Sometown, CT 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555
SYSTEMS AND NETWORK ANALYST -- HEALTHCARE SECTOR
Multicertified technology professional with experience managing enterprise implementations of healthcare information and EMR systems. Expert in gathering, analyzing and defining business and functional requirements; creating global metrics, trend charts and other decision-making tools; leading data-modeling and process-mapping initiatives; and designing/re-engineering processes, workflows and technology solutions for healthcare systems and networks. Proven ability to lead seamless implementations and deliver next-generation technical solutions improving revenues, margins and workplace productivity.
- Network & Systems Administration
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Data/Business/Systems Analysis
- Data Flow & Process Mapping
- SQL Queries & Data Modeling
- Database Design & Management
- Major Software/Systems Implementations
- Systems Security & Disaster Recovery Planning
- Technical Writing (Manuals/System Specs)
ABC HOSPITAL NETWORK, Sometown, CT
Senior Systems and Network Analyst, 2008 to Present
Systems Analyst, 2005 to 2008
Advanced to senior systems and network analyst role to provide IT leadership for hospital's technology infrastructure located in 70 facilities nationwide. Manage large-scale enterprise migration projects, systems conversions and performance tuning and monitoring of applications/systems. Help set long-range technical direction and capacity plans.
ABC HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS, Sometown, CT
- Led hospital's new EMR implementation of Centricity/Logician system. Designed and launched "pre-load" training clinics, optimized training documentation prior to go-live and designed custom modifications to accommodate special needs (e.g., legally blind physician user).
- Analyzed all aspects of Win 2003 Pro deployment for 12,500 workstations nationwide to ensure a smooth migration. Created desktop standardization and dashboards and provided ad-hoc reports using MS Access and SQL Query Analyzer.
- Documented workflows and executed comprehensive training plan to medical staff that more than doubled EMR access (from 45% to 100%) and usage (from 35% to 80%).
- Managed Windows 2003 back-end infrastructure IQ/OQ remediation effort for 27 North American sites. Reviewed documentation for validity/completeness, authored IQ/OQ summaries with QA and assisted in overall project documentation.
- Transformed processes/toolsets of geographically dispersed medical units into a cohesive, standardized set of solutions that elevated efficiency and accuracy hospital-wide.
- Gathered and assessed needs from internal business units; created custom solutions to resolve issues (e.g., system slowdowns, virus outbreaks and process bottlenecks); and developed functional specifications for IT group.
- Automated previously manual, time-consuming processes to drive gains in data tracking/accuracy, workgroup efficiency and profitability.
Software Engineer, 2003 to 2005
Provided object-oriented analysis/design, coding and testing of company's proprietary hospital management software application. Defined, wrote and managed requirements for a major section of this groundbreaking application.
XYZ UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, Sometown, CT
- Helped introduce a new, reproducible software development methodology that contributed to higher-quality product releases and a 27% reduction in errors.
- Served on team that ported MS-DOS environment to a Windows-based, client/server solution. Efforts averted the threatened loss of customers who were transitioning to Windows and provided a more user-friendly GUI.
- Championed the implementation of coding reviews that detected programming errors early in the development process, accelerating product go-to-market time by more than 15%.
Health Records Associate (part-time/concurrent with college studies), 2001-2003
Reviewed patient medical records for accuracy and prepared records for release to authorized parties. Organized chart-holding facilities and assisted in training staff.
- Developed streamlined procedures that decreased labor time and eliminated redundancies.
- Created automated daily stats report that reduced errors and is now used by records associates organization-wide. Earned an "Ace Player" award for outstanding customer service and teamwork.
XYZ UNIVERSITY, Sometown, CT
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems (BSCIS), 2003
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Applications: Centricity/Logician EMR, Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager, Microsoft SQL Query Analyzer, Novell ZENworks, Compaq Insight Manager, Norton Ghost, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visual FoxPro, Microsoft Visio, Remedy, Nortel Client, pcAnywhere, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Office
- Systems: Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, DYNIX/ptx, VMS, NetWare, OS/2
- Languages:C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, BASIC, COBOL, PowerBuilder, HTML, PHP