Looking to intern in the film industry? View our internship resume sample below to see how to pitch your skills and classroom training. Plus, get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
274 W. 15th Ave., #4, Sometown, CA 90750
Phone: 555-555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC University Film Major Targeting Internship Opportunities
Current dean's list film major highly motivated to secure an internship in the industry. Fast learner and hard worker with a keen eye for detail and strong command of camera and editing techniques. Passion for the art of visual storytelling, with filmmaking talents repeatedly recognized through top honors in student film competitions.
|Cameras:||Canon GL2 / XL2, Panasonic DVX100A / HVX200, RED |
|Adobe Premiere Pro / After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Sound Forge, Acid|
|Other Applications:||Blender (3D program), Apple Shake, Apple Color, MS Office Suite|
|Systems:||Windows and Mac OS|
ABC UNIVERSITY (Action College of Film & Media Arts) -- Sometown, CA
Pursuing BFA in Film Production (Specialization in Cinematography), 2007 to Present
Honors: Dean's List (all semesters); current GPA: 3.7
Completed Coursework in Major Includes:
- Introduction to Visual Storytelling
- Introduction to Film Aesthetics
- Screenwriting Fundamentals
- Production Design & Management
- Editing I
- Directing I
- Cinematography I
- Overview of Digital Arts
- Feature Analysis
- Audio Design & Techniques
- Intermediate Film Production
- History of Film
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL -- Sometown, TX
- Selected for production assistant role on three senior director projects (one of which won first place in Student Works Showcase).
- Served as camera assistant on two Web commercials for local businesses.
- Currently completing five-minute short for junior project, shot on RED digital camera.
High School Diploma, 2007
- Honors: Delivered commencement address as class salutatorian, Golden Key Honor Society.
- Activities: Served as lead cameraman for broadcast department with fully equipped TV studio during junior and senior years. Helped shoot and edit school's promotional video used as a recruiting and fundraising vehicle. Filmed dozens of football games and special events.
- Honored as one of only three ABC University students (and the sole junior-level student) selected to interview renowned filmmaker Robert Rodriguez on his recent release ("Red Sonja")
- Top 5 Finisher (out of 150), College Division, 2009 Los Angeles 24-Hour Film Race (Role: Director/Editor)
- 3rd Place (out of 150), College Division, 2008 Los Angeles 24-Hour Film Race (Role: Cinematographer)
- 2nd Place (out of 50), College Division, 2007 Dallas 24-Hour Film Race (Role: Co-Writer/Cinematographer)
- 2nd Place (out of 30+), Pixel Division, 2006 Dallas 24-Hour Film Race (Role: Cinematographer/Editor)