Are you a recent technology graduate wondering how to translate your internship experiences into strong material for your resume? Get ideas from this sample resume for an entry-level IT worker below and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Learn more about IT careers. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
14 Hart Way
Sometown, MA 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555
TARGETING ENTRY-LEVEL HELP-DESK POSITIONS
- Upcoming XYZ University graduate offering a strong academic background in IT combined with excellent internship experience as a help-desk analyst.
- Consistently recognized for technical troubleshooting skills used to rapidly and cost-effectively resolve challenging technical issues.
- Quickly learn and master new technology; equally successful in both team and self-directed settings; and proficient in a range of computer systems, languages, tools and testing methodologies.
XYZ UNIVERSITY, Sometown, MA
Concurrent Employment with College Studies:
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems (expected 12/11)
- GPA: 3.7/4.0
- Student Help-Desk Technician (2009 to Present): Provide networking/desktop support and perform mainframe and account maintenance tasks. Earned commendations for teamwork, flexibility and work excellence in providing IT support to students and faculty.
- Sales Representative, ABC Retail Co. and DEF Store (2007 to 2010): Leveraged strengths in persuasive communications and consultative sales to earn a reputation as a top sales performer for both retailers (including multiple top 10 rankings out of a 100-member sales force).
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, HDI Help-Desk Certified
- Systems: CICS/ISPF/Mainframe, Unix, Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP/2K3, Novell NetWare, Mac OS
- Databases: Oracle, ADB2, Relational Databases
- Languages: Visual Basic, SQL, HTML, ASP, CSS, C++, CGI, Perl, Java
- Software: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, Lotus Notes
ABC COMPANY, Sometown, MA
Help Desk Analyst / Intern, 2009 to 2010
Handled technical troubleshooting within an enterprise environment, including system crashes, slow-downs and data recoveries. Engaged and tracked Priority 1 issues, with responsibility for the timely documentation, escalation (if appropriate), resolution and closure of trouble tickets.
- Researched and developed knowledge-base articles for Lotus Notes issues, resulting in an increase in first-call resolutions of 20 additional calls per week that saved company $57K annually.
- Exceeded issue-resolution targets and achieved exemplary customer satisfaction scores, consistently scoring between 95% and 100% on all calls (outperforming average of 90%).
- Handled 30+ technical/mission-critical calls daily and consistently met high service standards.
Available for Relocation and Travel