Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Engineering Project Manager
Learn more about project management careers.
Learn more about engineering careers.
Search for engineering project manager jobs.
29 Saguaro Circle #5 | Sometown, AZ 85705
firstname.lastname@example.org | Cell: 555-555-1234
Seeking an Entry-Level Position with a Software Solutions Provider
- BSISE graduate with CAPM certification and experience as an engineering project manager intern.
- Proven success in managing project scopes, budgets, schedules and deliverables throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Combine technical and analytical aptitudes with problem-solving strengths to drive projects to on-time, on-budget and high-quality completion.
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Excel, AutoCAD, C, C++, Oracle and Windows Server.
ABC University -- Sometown, AZ
BS in Industrial & Systems Engineering, 6/2011
- Double minors in Information Management and Computer Information Science
|Engineering Course Highlights:
– Project Management
– Engineering Exploration
– Production Planning
– Statistical Quality Control
– Manufacturing Processes
– CAD Systems
|Information Management & CIS Course Highlights:
– Computer Networking
– Database Systems
– Software Engineering
– Information Systems Projects
– Computer Architecture
– Assembly Language
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), 2012
DEF Company -- Sometown, AZ
Software engineering solutions and information technology company
Engineering Project Manager Intern, 9/2010 to 6/2011
Gained engineering project management experience, assisting PMs in developing project scopes, budgets and schedules for custom solutions engineering initiatives. Helped manage each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) — from requirements definition, solutions design and testing through implementation, acceptance, training and support.
- Assisted in the preparation of staffing, deployment and support plans as well as checkpoint reviews that facilitated forward momentum of each project phase for global solutions engineering projects.
- Analyzed competing priorities, financial/resource constraints and schedule considerations to determine costs and benefits of change requests.
- Worked collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Suggested actual cost of work performed (ACWP) process that more accurately incorporated both direct and indirect project costs (subsequently adopted across several engineering groups as a best practice).
- Introduced ways to accelerate the application development lifecycle without compromising the quality of deliverables, including a suggestion that was nominated for the “President’s Innovation Award.”