As you search for one of your first project management positions, you need to prove that you have the potential to lead engineering projects to successful conclusions. This resume sample below shows how you can reengineer your resume to apply for entry-level engineering project management jobs. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Learn more about engineering careers. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for engineering project manager jobs.
29 Saguaro Circle #5 | Sometown, AZ 85705
email@example.com | Cell: 555-555-1234
Career Goal: Engineering Project Manager
Seeking an Entry-Level Position with a Software Solutions Provider
- BSISE graduate with CAPM certification and experience as an engineering project manager intern.
- Proven success in managing project scopes, budgets, schedules and deliverables throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Combine technical and analytical aptitudes with problem-solving strengths to drive projects to on-time, on-budget and high-quality completion.
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Excel, AutoCAD, C, C++, Oracle and Windows Server.
ABC University -- Sometown, AZ
BS in Industrial & Systems Engineering, 6/2011
- Double minors in Information Management and Computer Information Science
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI)
| ||Engineering Course Highlights: |
– Project Management
– Engineering Exploration
– Production Planning
– Statistical Quality Control
– Manufacturing Processes
– CAD Systems
|Information Management & CIS Course Highlights: |
– Computer Networking
– Database Systems
– Software Engineering
– Information Systems Projects
– Computer Architecture
– Assembly Language
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), 2012
DEF Company -- Sometown, AZ
Software engineering solutions and information technology company
Engineering Project Manager Intern, 9/2010 to 6/2011
Gained engineering project management experience, assisting PMs in developing project scopes, budgets and schedules for custom solutions engineering initiatives. Helped manage each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) — from requirements definition, solutions design and testing through implementation, acceptance, training and support.
- Assisted in the preparation of staffing, deployment and support plans as well as checkpoint reviews that facilitated forward momentum of each project phase for global solutions engineering projects.
- Analyzed competing priorities, financial/resource constraints and schedule considerations to determine costs and benefits of change requests.
- Worked collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Suggested actual cost of work performed (ACWP) process that more accurately incorporated both direct and indirect project costs (subsequently adopted across several engineering groups as a best practice).
- Introduced ways to accelerate the application development lifecycle without compromising the quality of deliverables, including a suggestion that was nominated for the “President’s Innovation Award.”