Sample Resume for a Journeyman Electrician
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Certified Journeyman Electrician with seven years of commercial and residential experience. Adept in performing electrical installations, maintenance and repairs in homes and plant facilities; knowledgeable in all areas of the national electrical code; and excel in analyzing and solving problems with various electrical controls and systems.
BBB CONSULTING INC., Sometown, CA
Journeyman Electrician, 2009 to Present
Retained by national consulting group to serve as a certified electrician on economic stimulus-related "green" projects. Install new or upgrade existing systems and equipment at major manufacturing plants to achieve energy conservation goals.
- Installed, maintained, repaired and tested equipment for the generation and utilization of electric energy for diverse-industry clients.
- Implemented energy-efficient solutions that saved clients hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- Performed general electromechanical repairs on client systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
- Developed expertise in communication systems cabling, circuitry and wiring through various projects for public utility companies.
- Cultivated excellent relationships with clients, resulting in a strong base of referral business.
XYZ CONSTRUCTION, Sometown, CA
HOMEBUILDER GROUP, Sometown, CA
Journeyman Electrician, 2004 to 2008
Apprentice Electrician, 2004
Performed electrical-related wiring and installation for commercial and residential construction projects, including new construction, retrofits, remodels and plant expansions.
- Served as journeyman electrician or apprentice on more than 100 new home construction projects as well as dozens of major commercial projects.
- Earned a reputation for expertise in complex troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Gained extensive experience in analyzing and following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications.
- Mastered the use of measuring/testing instruments such as ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters and testing lamps.
- Consistently commended for team-player mind-set, "doing it right the first time" and working with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Electrical Journeyman's License, 2004
Certified Electrician, State of CA, 2004
High School Diploma, Sometown High School, 2003
5905 Oak Glen | Sometown, CA 90307 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com