Sample Resume for a Midlevel Electrical Engineer
If your resume is giving off the wrong signal, view this sample resume for a midlevel electrical engineer below to learn how to better communicate your engineering skills and credentials. View and download the Midlevel Electrical Engineer resume template in Word.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for electrical engineer jobs.
Midlevel Electrical Engineer Resume Sample
LORNA PETERSON, PE
355 Drake Ave., Sometown, CT 06037
Home: 555.555.5555 | Cell: 555.555.1234 | email@example.com
Army veteran and graduate of ABET-accredited BSEE program seeking an electrical engineer position. Combine leadership skills with a solid foundation in circuitry and schematic design, electromechanical repairs, avionics and electromagnetic devices. Offer experience in electrical technologies, including analog and digital circuits, signal processing and wireless networks. Skilled in using tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, LCR meters and curve tracers.
Education & Training
ABC UNIVERSITY (Sometown, CT)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Emphasis in Electrical Systems, 2011
|Courses:||Electrical Engineering Fundamentals, Network Analysis, Digital Logic Design, Analog Circuit Design, Electronic Devices & Circuits, Electromagnetics, Linear Systems & Signals, Random Signals, Digital Systems Engineering, Integrated Circuits, VLSI Circuit Design, Microelectrical Mechanical Systems (MEMS)|
|Activities:||Member, Secretary and Membership Chair, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) — Student Branch, 2008 to 2011|
Professional Engineer, National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, 2011
US ARMY – ADVANCED INDIVIDUAL TRAINING (AIT) SCHOOL
Graduate, Avionics/Electrical Systems Repair School, 2003
|Courses:||Electrical Safety Procedures, Fundamentals of Electricity & Electronic Circuits, Junction Box Wiring Techniques, Electrical Services & Switches, Electric Circuit Diagnostics, Avionics Systems/Repairs, Advanced Troubleshooting|
Electrical Systems Experience
US Army (Stationed at Fort Bragg, NC, following basic training and deployed to Afghanistan)
Electrical Systems Repairer, 2003 to 2007
Earned meritorious promotions, progressing from private (E1/E2) to private 1st class (E3) to specialist (E4) during enlisted service. Honorably discharged in June 2007.
- Maintained and repaired electrical systems, wiring and components for aircraft armament, missile and fire control systems.
- Demonstrated competencies in the upkeep, diagnosis and repair of electrical circuits and wiring.
- Isolated faults and resolved electrical system malfunctions of varying degrees of complexity.
- Gained thorough knowledge of power and distribution systems, circuit calculations, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and process control and instrumentation.
- Honored with awards for proactive leadership and expert electrical systems troubleshooting that enhanced mission-readiness in both combat and peacekeeping arenas.
- Earned three medals, five ribbons, three letters of commendation and numerous citations for excellence during military service.