Are you experienced in design engineering but need guidance in designing your resume? View this resume sample for a midlevel design engineer below to see how you can emphasize your engineering accomplishments. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for design engineer jobs.
William Foster, PE584 Palm Drive, Sometown, MD 21201
Home: 555-555-5555 | Cell: 555-555-1234 | email@example.com
MEDICAL DEVICE DESIGN ENGINEER
- Highly skilled design engineer experienced in researching, developing, designing and manufacturing single-use disposables, drug delivery systems, implantable devices, medical instruments and surgical devices.
- Qualifications include a master’s degree in biomedical engineering; PE certification; expert skills in SolidWorks and Pro/ENGINEERING; and comprehensive knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations, design control SOPs and various manufacturing processes.
- Medical Device Design Engineering
- Cleanroom Manufacturing & Engineering
- Injection Molding & Extrusion Manufacturing
- FDA, ISO & ASTM Standards
- Product R&D/Prototyping
- Verification & Validation Testing
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Design Controls
- 3D CAD Tools
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, MD
Design Engineer, 5/2007 to Present
Design Engineering Intern, 1/2007 to 5/2007
Hired as a design engineer following completion of internship to serve as an integral member of team developing innovative medical-device components and assemblies. Handle new product concept development, design, testing and simulation modeling to support the manufacture of next-generation medical and surgical solutions complying with federal regulations and quality standards.
- Disposable Products: Served as design lead on single-use disposable product developments that included top-selling blood glucose test strips (generating $12.9M to date for ABC Company) and a first-of-its-kind ceramic hybrid syringe that was rated as 15% less painful than traditional hypodermic syringes in a recent study.
- Diagnostic Technology: Participated in the design and prototyping of patent-pending MRI and ultrasound machine components that are predicted to revolutionize the industry through highly detailed imaging technology that can be implemented by hospitals and clinics at a fraction of the prior delivery costs.
- Surgical Instruments: Led design engineering on graspers, scalpels, clamps and occluders that incorporated the latest ergonomic research and surgeon-requested improvements.
- Implantable Devices: Contributed to design of balloon catheter for use by patients suffering from chronic sinusitis that was cited as one of the top medical advancements of 2010 by DEF Medical Device Journal. The product has generated more than $1.7M in revenues since its market launch.
Education & Credentials
SOMETOWN UNIVERSITY — Sometown, MD
MS in Biomedical Engineering, 5/2010
BS in Mechanical Engineering, 5/2007
Professional Engineer, Maryland Board for Professional Engineers, 2011
Member, Maryland Society of Professional Engineers
SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEERING (now Creo Elements/Pro), TurboCAD, AutoCAD