Sample Resume for a Dental Assistant
If updating your resume is like getting a root canal, check out our dental assistant resume sample for ideas on how you can give your resume a routine cleaning. View and download the Dental Assistant resume template in Word.
Learn more about healthcare careers.
Dental Assistant Resume Sample
Mindy Rogers, CDA
55 Lakeview Drive
Sometown, FL 32074
Certified Dental Assistant
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA) offering excellent clinical and customer relations skills gained through seven years of experience within high-volume dental practices. Display a warm, friendly demeanor and gentle touch during all dental procedures, earning consistent praise from patients and employers. Efficient and precise in chairside dental assisting.
Florida Department of Health Certified Dental Radiographer | CEREC Certified | CPR Certified
Clinical & Computer Skills
Teeth Cleaning | Dental Radiographs
Bleaching Tray & Temporary Crown Fabrications | Instrument Sterilization
Temporary Fillings | Periodontal Dressings | Operatory Preparation
Model Casting | Preliminary Oral Health Exams | Fluoride & Sealant Applications
Dexis | Dentrix | Eaglesoft
ABC DENTAL ASSOCIATES, Sometown, FL
Dental Assistant, 2007 to Present
- Efficiently manage patient care, office and laboratory duties within a multispecialty dental group employing 15 dentists and 32 dental assistants.
- Expose and process dental X-rays; maintain patient records and lab equipment; sterilize instruments; assist office manager with patient scheduling, billing and insurance claims; and educate patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Maintain clean, sterile and positive environments optimizing patient comfort and safety.
- Built a loyal patient following; frequently requested by patients to serve as their dental assistant.
DEF DENTAL OFFICE, Sometown, FL
Dental Assistant, 2005 to 2007
- Worked chairside assisting family dentist with routine cleaning and specialized procedures, making patients feel as relaxed as possible and preparing them for treatment.
- Gained experience in exposing and processing X-rays; fabricating crowns, pouring impressions, trimming models and preparing orthodontic equipment; and assisting with extractions, impactions, fillings, implants, local anesthesia, suture placements/removals and biopsies.
Dental Assistant Training
ABC DENTAL TRAINING SCHOOL, Sometown, FL
Dental Assisting Diploma (CODA-accredited program), 2004
DENTAL ASSISTING NATIONAL BOARD (DANB)
Certified Dental Assistant (CDA), 2004
GHI PROGRAM, Sometown, FL
Completed Florida Board of Dentistry-approved radiology course, 2005