Communication skills are key in customer service, but does your resume communicate your strongest qualifications? View our sample resume for an entry-level customer service representative below for ideas on how to communicate the value you offer. View and download the resume template in Word here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for customer service jobs.
18 Mills Way, Sometown, WI 53215
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
Customer Service Representative
Providing Exceptional Service ... Building Loyal Relationships ... Solving Problems ... Increasing Sales
- Dynamic customer service professional experienced in both call-center and retail store settings.
- Excel in listening to customer needs, articulating product benefits and creating solutions that provide value to the customer.
- Build and maintain enduring customer relationships to boost sales and generate repeat business.
ABC Company, Sometown, WI (National retail brand with a fast-growing catalog operation)
Customer Service Representative, 9/2011 to Present
- Respond to telephone inquiries, providing quality service to customers and associates inquiring about the availability of products or status of orders.
- Listen attentively to caller needs to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Access electronic and paper cataloging systems to look up product information and availability.
- Strive for quick complaint resolution; commended by supervisor for the ability to resolve problems on the first call and avoid escalation of issues.
- Excel within a service-oriented company, demonstrating a talent for communicating effectively with customers from diverse backgrounds.
DEF Company, Sometown, WI (Sometown's largest showroom for residential and commercial flooring)
Customer Service Representative, 6/2011 to 9/2011
- Ensured customers were satisfied with every part of the flooring experience, from initial greeting through order completion.
- Memorized the company’s product offerings; contributed to a 12% sales increase for the quarter by communicating product benefits and providing excellent service.
- Recommended solutions within customer budgets and proactively followed up with all leads.
ABC High School, Sometown, WI
The Customer Focus | Creating Win/Win Relationships | The Customer Is Always Right
Available for evening and weekend shifts