Build a strong foundation for your career in construction or carpentry with a solid resume. Check out this sample for guidance and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
15 Applebee Road
Sometown, CA 55555
CAREER GOAL: CONSTRUCTION / CARPENTER'S ASSISTANT
Reliable, quality-focused construction assistant seeking a full-time position in the industry. Offer hands-on building and remodeling skills gained through experience as a home remodeling assistant and sales assistant for ABC Home Improvement Store. Strong knowledge of residential construction and remodeling techniques, tools, equipment and materials.
- Insulation & drywall work
- Painting & finishing
- Roofing & siding
- Tile & trim work
- Windows & doors installation
- Cabinets & appliances installation
- Handicap accessibility projects
ABC HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE, Sometown, CA (Leading national building supply retail chain)
Sales Associate, Tool Department, 5/06 to Present
Meet department's sales and service objectives and handle special orders, delivery services and inventory tracking. Interact extensively with customers, answering questions and recommending products that meet their needs.
DEF COMPANY, Sometown, CA (Residential construction and remodeling firm)
- Completed extensive training in sales and customer service, as well as specialized training in multiple product areas including tools, electrical, plumbing, lumber, flooring, lighting, hardware and garden.
- Developed a solid knowledge of an extensive array of tools, hardware and building materials.
- Helped increase sales to #1 ranking district-wide for five consecutive months -- a first for the department.
- Commended for excellent consultative sales and customer service skills on performance reviews.
Assistant Remodeler (part-time), 2/08 to Present
Assist owner with residential remodeling projects, including carpentry, roofing, plumbing, masonry and tile work. Ensure optimal work quality and customer service.
- Assisted in the completion of 12 home remodeling projects (budgets up to $150K). Projects ranged from installing simple fixtures to doubling the square footage of a home.
- Gained practical, hands-on knowledge of all aspects of home construction and remodeling.
- Earned a reputation as a trusted assistant: "Mark is my right-hand man…I can always count on him to show up early, produce high-quality work and keep a positive attitude throughout the day..." -- Richard Sussex, Owner
ZYX COLLEGE, Sometown, CA
- A.A. degree, General Studies, 5/06
Available for short-term projects | CA driver's license | Excellent work references