Your computer programming career may be on track, but does your resume still need some debugging? Check out our sample resume for a midlevel programmer below to find out. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Learn more about IT careers.
Learn more about technology careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for computer programmer jobs.
555 Dogwood Road, Sometown, AZ 86001
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Solutions-driven programmer with a four-year track record of commended performance in modular and object-oriented programming. Well-versed in all phases of the software development lifecycle, with a strong working knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Proven success engineering customized solutions improving business processes, operations and profitability.
- Software Development
- Solutions Deployment
- User Training & Support
- OOAD & RAD
- GUI Design
- Requirements Definition
- Coding & Scripting
- Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Testing & Documentation
Java, C, C++, XML, SQL, HTML, Perl, Visual Basic
MS Office Suite (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Oracle
Unix, Linux, Windows (all), Macintosh OS X (basic)
ABC COMPANY (Software firm providing solutions to the banking industry)
-- Sometown, AZ
Programmer / Analyst,
2010 to Present
Create and customize software applications and tools using advanced development and coding techniques. Manage all phases of application design -- from coding and prototyping through system testing, integration and deployment. Results:
- Created Facebook applications for multiple insurance and banking clients, leveraging social media channels to help businesses stay competitive and build customer loyalty.
- Served as a member of electronic placement project team, developing strategies to ensure compliance with new industry standards for electronic exchange.
- Developed and enhanced programs using Java, C and C++, contributing to solutions that streamlined processes, increased accuracy and lowered costs. Developed back-office application that saved client more than $125K annually.
DEF BANK (Full-service regional bank)
-- Sometown, AZ
Intern / Programmer,
2007 to 2010
Hired as a full-time programmer following commended performance in initial intern role. Results:
- Enhanced DEF Bank reporting subsystem that provided new functionality to reporting functions that were previously unavailable.
- Worked on yearlong project creating interface with core MIDAS system to enable automated report generation. Saved thousands of hours annually while increasing accuracy from less than 90% to 99.9%.
ABC UNIVERSITY --
Sometown, AZ | BS in Information Technology,
Minor in Finance, 2008
DEF COMMUNITY COLLEGE -- Sometown, AZ | AS in Computer Information Science,