Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Civil Engineer
If you're just starting your civil engineering career but need to shore up your resume's infrastructure, check out this resume sample for an entry-level civil engineer below. View and download the Entry-Level Civil Engineer resume template in Word.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Entry-Level Civil Engineer Resume Sample
55 First St., Apt. #1, Sometown, MI 48103
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer in Training (EIT) and graduate of ABET-accredited bachelor's in civil engineering program backed by successful internship experience and knowledge of engineering theories, principles, specifications and standards. Highly motivated to secure an apprenticeship in preparation for PE exam. Proficient user of AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
Education & Credentials
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF EXAMINERS FOR ENGINEERING AND SURVEYING
Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification, February 2012
ABC UNIVERISTY, Sometown, MI
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, December 2011
- Honors: Chi Epsilon (Civil Engineering Honor Society), Dean’s List (5 semesters)
- Activities: Member, American Society of Civil Engineers and Emerging Green Builders (EGB); Planning Committee, Engineering Expo
- Course Highlights:
- Civil Engineering Design
- Cost Estimating & Surveying
- Structural Analysis & Dynamics
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Methods
- Traffic & Materials Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics
- Concrete & Steel Design
XYZ COMPANY, Sometown, MI
Engineering firm serving government and commercial clients.
Intern, Civil Engineering Group, Summer 2010, Summer 2011
- Assisted civil engineers on several key government projects involving roadway designs and improvements, solutions easing traffic congestion and replacement of deteriorating bridges.
- Handled cost-of-materials estimations, report and document tracking, project documentation, on-site project visits, invoice/agreement verification and building permit applications.
- Gained experience in blueprint reading, as well as preparation of maps and plans.
ABC COMPANY, Sometown, MI
Worked in telesales throughout college to help finance education.
Sales Representative, June 2008 to May 2010 (seasonal)
- Cold-called small business owners to sign new accounts for ABC Company’s print advertising service.
- Cultivated excellent relationships throughout assigned territory.
"We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us." — Winston Churchill