Does your resume lack substance? View this sample resume below for an entry-level chemist to see how you can formulate a resume to help launch your career. View and download the resume template in Word here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for chemist jobs.
2906 Northern Ave. | Sometown, NC 27601
(555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | BeKnown URL
- Hardworking, entry-level chemist offering a year of lab-testing experience within the FDA- and cGMP-regulated environment of health and beauty products manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of wet chemistry and titration methods; experience using instrumentation such as AA, FTIR, HPLC, GC and ICP.
- Technically proficient – advanced user of Mathematica, Spartan'10 and GAMESS.
XYZ UNIVERSITY | Sometown, NC
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (GPA: 3.7), May 2011
- Honors: Gamma Sigma Epsilon, Alpha Eta Chapter (Chemistry Honor Society); Dean’s List
- Research: Received National Science Foundation (NSF) research grant. Studied methods for using palladium to catalyze the synthesis of carbon-carbon molecules for pharmaceutical applications.
- Activities: American Chemical Society (ACS) Student Chapter, Member and Secretary, 2010 to 2011
ABC INC. | Sometown, NC
[Independent laboratory testing organization used by health and beauty, personal-care and consumer-goods manufacturers for R&D and quality-assurance solutions]
Chemist, May 2011 to May 2012
Retained for yearlong contract to assist R&D chemists with analytical testing projects. Analyzed shipment samples, as well as raw, in-process and finished products. Operated and maintained analytical instrumentation and prepared lab reports summarizing findings. Adhered to FDA mandates, cGMP guidelines and internal quality-control policies.
- Gained experience using wet chemistry methods including titrations and pH, color and moisture testing.
- Played a key role in new product development by adjusting formulas and preparing blend sheets for review and approval by R&D department.
- Contributed to significant changes to seven global products by recommending new ingredients and techniques to R&D team; kept current with advances in the health and beauty industry.
- Completed testing on rush samples for DEF Company, a Fortune 500 consumer-goods manufacturer. Submitted test results on time, with efforts cited as instrumental in retaining client business.
- Served on R&D team that evaluated and provided ingredient formulation adjustment recommendations for Action Lotion, one of client company’s fastest-selling skin-care products.
- Investigated and offered viable solutions for problem batches, leveraging analytical strengths to isolate issues and facilitate their timely resolution.
- Developed and maintained an organized recordkeeping system and prepared meticulous lab reports.