As a certified nursing assistant (CNA), you may diligently care for your patients, but how well do you care for your own resume? If your resume could use some TLC, check out this sample resume for an experienced CNA below for ideas on how you can demonstrate your nursing skills and dedication to quality care. View and download the resume template in Word format here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for CNA jobs.
Kris Connor, CNA
55 Oak Court | Sometown, CT 06602 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Reliable, service-focused nursing professional with excellent patient-care and charting skills gained through five years of experience as a CNA. Compassionate and technically skilled in attending to patients in diverse healthcare settings. BLS and CPR certified (current).
- Patient Care & Safety
- Diagnostic Testing
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Vital Signs & Patient Monitoring
- Medication Administration
- Privacy / HIPAA Regulations
- Patient Advocacy and Support
ABC STAFFING COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2009 to Present
- Provide high-quality patient care as an in-demand per-diem CNA within surgical, acute-care, rehabilitation, home-healthcare and nursing-home settings.
- Preserve patient dignity and minimize discomfort while carrying out duties such as bedpan changes, diapering, emptying drainage bags and bathing.
- Commended for chart accuracy, effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care.
DEF REHABILITATION COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2008 to 2009
- Provided nursing assistance to residents in a 120-bed long-term-care facility.
- Assisted residents with activities of daily living including helping with meals, transferring using assistive devices, bathing, dressing and grooming.
GHI HOSPITAL, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2007 to 2008
- Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, performing lab draws and glucose checks, and providing pre- and post-operative care.
- Adhered to safety guidelines; completed hospital’s three-hour Patient Safety Training Program.
- Ensured the accurate, timely flow of information by maintaining thorough patient records and updating healthcare team on patients’ status.
- Complied with HIPAA standards in all patient documentation and interactions.
ABC School, Sometown, CT
Nurse’s Aide Program, 2006
- Completed 60 hours of clinical training
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Connecticut, 2007