Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Biochemist
Learn more about biotechnology careers.
Search for biochemist jobs.
55 Foster St. | Sometown, MA 02453
Home: (555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
- Recent life science graduate with academic credentials reinforced by internship experience at a respected biochemistry R&D firm.
- Passion for enhancing global human health by contributing to cellular research, disease prevention and diagnostic improvements.
- Able to leverage quantitative strengths to solve technical problems, advance scientific breakthroughs and support innovative assay development.
ABC Company, Sometown, MA
Biochemist Intern, 2/12 to 5/12
Completed 12-week internship working alongside senior scientists. Assisted in research and development efforts for clinical diagnostics products aiding in the treatment of diabetes. Selected Achievements:
- Gained wet lab experience and knowledge of biochemical and cell-based assays research supporting diagnostic solutions in diabetes treatment.
- Cultured cells, performed laboratory calculations, prepared solutions/dilutions and completed pre-imaging cell staining.
- Participated in cell counting, cell sorting, biomarker detection and protein engineering using state-of-the-art flow cytometry technology.
- Maintained cleanliness, order and organization of laboratory.
DEF Company, Sometown, MA
Membership Sales, 9/08 to 12/11 (seasonal)
Worked throughout college to help finance education. Employed by fitness facility to assist in front-desk operations and sell memberships and fitness-related products. Selected Achievements:
- Met or exceeded membership sales quota by up to 150% every month of tenure.
- Helped coordinate promotions, including bodybuilder appearances, open houses and holiday parties.
ABC University, Sometown, MA
Bachelor of Science in Life Science, Concentration in Biochemistry (with high distinction), 5/12
Research Thesis: Early Signs of Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Parkinson's Disease
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- American Chemical Society