Just starting your project management career? Check out this sample resume below for an assistant IT project manager to learn how you can create a strong value statement on your own resume. View and download the resume template in Word here.
Learn more about project management careers.
Learn more about IT careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service
Search for IT project manager jobs.
909 Columbus Circle, Apt. #38 | Sometown, VA 22201
Phone: 555.555.5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Targeting a Position as: ASSISTANT IT PROJECT MANAGER
Honors graduate of ABC University's BS in Project Management program. Also earned an AS in computer science degree.
|Project Lifecycle Experience
Assisted project managers in planning, launching and supporting two major IT projects during 12-month PM internship for a top business intelligence firm.
Offer an advanced command of: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Agile/Scrum, SharePoint, SQL Server, Java, .Net, Windows, Linux, Unix
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, VA
BS in Project Management, Information Technology Emphasis, 2011
XYZ COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Sometown, VA
AS in Computer Science, 2009
Project Management Internship
- Strategic Project Management
- Managing Teams
- Project Costing & Budgeting
- IT & Networking Projects
- Business & Information Systems
- Global Project Management
- PM Methodologies & Tools
- Project Documentation
- Quality Assurance
XYZ INC. (Global provider of business intelligence data), Sometown, VA
Technology Project Manager (PM) Intern, 6/2010 to 6/2011
- Involved in all phases of the project lifecycle (from concept and requirements through launch and support) for two cutting-edge, Web-based editorial systems within an agile development environment. Contributed to successful closure of both projects, with applications released on time and under budget.
- Assisted PM in maintaining project schedules, work breakdown structures (WBS), issue/decision logs, meeting summaries and status reports to ensure effective, ongoing communications across all team members.
- Designed tools, reports, charts and graphs for senior management to provide ongoing, at-a-glance summaries of project status and application prototype performance.
- Collaborated effectively with project, product and program managers to ensure project deliverables remained on track and aligned with business goals and expectations.
- Analyzed product portfolio data to identify areas for improvement and assisted PMs in implementing the improvements. Contributed to an innovative solution that resolved problematic GUI and compatibility issues without compromising release readiness, budget or deadline.
Employed as a computer lab assistant at ABC University for two semesters; clerk at XYZ Retail Company for one year (seasonal); and computer and math tutor throughout college.