Are you an expert at managing creative campaigns, but stuck when it comes to your job search campaign? View this art director resume sample below to see how you can highlight your creative leadership skills. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Find art director jobs.
2909 2nd St. | Sometown, New York 10003 | 555.555.5555 | email@example.com
Award-winning art director whose background includes acclaimed work on global campaigns for leading F500 brands. Deliver out-of-the-box concepts, dynamic visuals and innovative strategies for online and print delivery. Drive leading market share, record-setting response rates and customer base expansion.Art Leadership Skills
|Creative Team Management|
|Messaging & Branding Consistency|
Copywriting & Storyboarding
Sell Sheets & Advertorials
Brand Creation & Reinvention
Packaging & POS Design
|XYZ Award: |
Best Interactive Campaign, 2011
Brand: ABC Brand
Best Online Promotion,
Brand: DEF Brand
2nd Place, Best POS Display, 2010
Brand: GHI Brand
XYZ Agency, Sometown, New York
Art Director, 2011 to Present
Graphics Designer, 2009 to 2011
Freelance Designer, 2007 to 2009
- Manage budgets, creative deliverables and in-house and freelance teams to lead all phases of nationwide and international campaigns. Representative clients include Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Mattel, Kellogg’s, 3M, State Farm and Dow Chemical.
- Lead teams in the development, design and production of sales-driving, brand-extending and cross-channel campaigns including print ads, television ads, product launches, brochures, advertorials, Web sites, banner ads, billboards, iPhone campaigns, logos, product packaging and more.
- Art-directed multimedia campaigns and collateral that captured prestigious national awards, rave client reviews and strong business results, including:
- Product launches exceeding sales goals by up to 150% ($14.5M growth).
- Rebranding initiatives elevating client from #5 to #2 market share nationwide.
- Web site redesigns propelling traffic and e-commerce sales increases of up to 18% and 25%, respectively.
- Direct-mail and opt-in campaigns securing response rates of up to 15%.
- Launched and grew graphic design company, amassing a list of clients that included major ad agencies, stock clip-art sites and companies of all sizes. Freelance portfolio available here: www.somedomain2.com.
ABC UNIVERISTY, Sometown, Rhode IslandComputer Programs
BA in Graphic Design, 2007
Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash Professional, Flash Catalyst, Fireworks, Acrobat Pro, Bridge, Contribute, After Effects, Audition, OnLocation, Encore, Media Encoder); ActionScript; Final Cut Pro; Compressor; HTML/CSS; QuarkXPress; Mac OS