Are you launching your aerospace engineering career and need a dynamic resume to get noticed in the job market? Get ideas from our sample resume for an entry-level aerospace engineer below. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for aerospace engineer jobs.
Steven L. Holmes5 West Lane | Sometown, GA 30332 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
Upcoming graduate of ABET-accredited bachelor's-degree program seeking an entry-level aerospace engineer position. Completed flight test internship with XYZ Company and assisted in research study that examined methods for improving Boeing 737 flight acoustics. Academic studies have provided a foundation in aerodynamics and physics; structural dynamics; systems design and testing; flight mechanics and controls; and 2D and 3D CAD design tools.
ABC University (Sometown, GA)
Pursuing BS in Aerospace Engineering (GPA: 3.7), degree expected June 2012
- Computing for Engineers
- Engineering Graphics & Visualization
- Principles & Applications of Engineering Materials
- Low-Speed & High-Speed Aerodynamics
- Differential Equations
- System Dynamics & Control
- Thermodynamics & Compressible Flow
- Aerospace Vehicle Performance
- Circuits & Electronics
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- Aerospace Structural Analysis
- Flight Dynamics
- Jet & Rocket Propulsion
- Experimental Fluid Dynamics
- Control Systems Design
XYZ Company (Sometown, GA)
Leading aerospace company and manufacturer of commercial jetliners.
Flight Test Engineer Intern, May 2011 to August 2011
Shadowed aerospace engineering and mechanical teams and helped prepare flight and advance fabrication reports, weight and balance forms and flight test safety checklists for new aircraft. Participated in test coordination meetings, on-aircraft ground testing and instrumentation installs.
- Increased knowledge of aircraft systems, flight test program procedures, documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Served on team that conducted flight readiness reviews for new aircraft. Helped perform ground/electromagnetic interference tests, fit checks and remote site test preparations.
- Prepared detailed test plans, reports and documentation in compliance with FAA regulations.
- Gained competencies in a range of engineering disciplines and systems including structural design, aerodynamics, stress analysis, fluid power systems, fuel systems and test instrumentation.
ABC University (Sometown, GA)
Research Assistant, Department of Aerospace Engineering, September 2010 to May 2011
Assisted Professor Susan Jones in her study of flight acoustics and the suppression of noise for Boeing 737 commercial aircraft using the university’s state-of-the-art flight-simulator facilities. Participated in planning meetings and data analysis for paper that is under review for publication in the Journal of Aerospace Engineering.
AutoCAD, MathCAD, C++, Python, MS Excel, MS Project, Unix/Linux