Sample Resume for a Midlevel Administrative Assistant
Learn more about administrative careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Search for administrative assistant jobs.
- Administrative: Adeptly handle administrative matters including screening calls, managing calendars, planning meetings, making travel arrangements, composing documents and organizing offices for efficiency.
- Communications: Interact professionally with all levels of staff and maintain the highest level of confidentiality; known for tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive issues.
- Computers: Considered a “power user” of Microsoft Office; quickly learn and master new technology.
- Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher, SharePoint
- Accounting & CRM: QuickBooks, Peachtree Pro Accounting, Oracle's PeopleSoft CRM, Sage ACT!
- Operating Systems: Windows (all versions), Mac OS X
ABC COMPANY -- Sometown, OR
Administrative Assistant, 2009 to Present
Provide administrative support to the investment banking group VP and five of her department directors. Answer telephones and promptly and courteously assist clients and employees throughout the organization. Maintain calendars, coordinating extensive appointments, meetings and domestic/international travel.
- Office Management: Overhauled recordkeeping system from manual to computer-based, creating a user-friendly and systematic information management system and reducing data-retrieval time.
- Travel Logistics Management: Coordinate a busy travel calendar that includes six international symposiums annually, ensuring all events are successfully executed.
- Customer Relationship Management: Tapped into the power of PeopleSoft CRM Analytics to track the effectiveness of leads, marketing initiatives and revenues. Generated reports that assisted upper management with decision making and were distributed to 200+ employees departmentwide.
TEMPORARY AGENCY ASSIGNMENTS -- Sometown, OR
Administrative Assistant, 2008 to 2009
Assigned by DEF Temporary Agency and GHI Temporary Agency to serve in administrative support roles for clients in investor relations, high tech, healthcare and real estate sectors.
- Hit the Ground Running: Learned organizational processes, policies and procedures with minimal ramp-up time. Successfully completed administrative assignments for ABC Co., JKL Co., MNO Co. and PQR Co.
- Service Focus: Adapted to diverse work styles and consistently provided friendly, personable service.
- Excellent Performance: Offered full-time position at the conclusion of temporary assignment at ABC Co.
ABC TRAINING ACADEMY -- Sometown, OR
Certificate in Office Management, 2009
Completed 45-credit certificate program. Focused on business data processing, software applications, basic accounting, business communications and business law.