Sample Resume for an Advertising Account Executive
Learn more about advertising careers.
Search for advertising account executive jobs.
55 First St. | Sometown, MN 55402 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished AE for leading advertising agencies offering integrated project experience in television, radio, newspapers, magazines and digital media. Adept in pitching new accounts, discerning project requirements and communicating client needs to creative teams. Build executive-level relationships and manage the daily work flow of concurrent projects to ensure deliverables are completed on time, on budget and on strategy.
ABC Company, Sometown, MN
Account Executive, 4/08 to Present
Manage six of the agency’s largest accounts, serving as the primary liaison between agency staff, client marketing teams and outsourced vendors. Define client requirements and project parameters and guide teams in the development and delivery of campaign strategy and multimedia collateral. Adhere to budgets, oversee account billing and communicate updates to client teams.
- Project-managed dozens of multimedia campaigns. Collaborated with clients from concept to production and launch of nationwide print, TV, Web, mobile-device and social-media campaigns that routinely exceeded client expectations. Portfolio available at someportfolio.com.
- Played a lead role on pitches to current and prospective accounts, delivering presentations that won new and increased existing business to drive multimillion-dollar revenue growth.
- Handled challenging account known for “agency hopping” and last-minute changes. Effectively managed expectations and avoided scope creep. Efforts helped retain client and increased annual billing from $600,000 in 2008 to $800,000 in 2011.
- Prevented the threatened loss of a $1.2M account to a lower-priced competitor by proving the value add of agency’s expertise, industry contacts and media buying power.
- Grew portfolio of accounts to generate nearly 20 percent of agency’s revenues in 2011. Maintained ongoing communications with all accounts and fostered loyal, lasting relationships.
DEF Company, Sometown, MN
Account Executive, 8/04 to 4/08
Managed portfolio of eight key accounts that generated $3.5M annually. Built positive relationships with clients, gathered competitive intelligence and assisted in business-development initiatives.
- Cultivated and grew client relationships, landing key accounts that included GHI Company, JKL Company and two universities; helped increase agency revenues by approximately $1.8M from 2006 to 2007.
- Conducted focus groups and other market research, gleaning insights into consumer behavior and preferences to ensure accurate targeting of advertising campaigns.
- Developed campaign-management tools (e.g., creative briefs, proposal templates, estimate forms and project-tracking spreadsheets) that improved flow of communication and elevated client satisfaction.
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, MN
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Major in Marketing, 5/04