Sample Resume for a Customer Service Manager
Learn more about customer service careers.Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Customer Service Manager Resume Sample
P.O. Box 1212
Sometown, MA 55555
- Dedicated customer service manager with 15+ years of experience in "big box" retail and food service settings. Consistently achieve record-high customer satisfaction rankings, improvements to the bottom line and turnaround of underperforming operations.
- Respected builder and leader of customer-focused teams; instill a shared, enthusiastic commitment to customer service as a key driver of company goal attainment. Lead by example and ensure the execution of all safety, security, quality and store operations policies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Customer Service Management
- Complaint Handling & Resolution
- Retail Operations Management
- Customer Satisfaction Enhancement
- Front-End Supervision
- Sales & Margin Improvement
- Teambuilding & Training
- Cost-Reduction Strategies
- Order Fulfillment
ABC SUPERSTORE -- Sometown, MA, 10/00 to Present
Customer Service Manager, 9/05 to present
Customer Service Representative, 10/00 to 9/05
Promoted to manager position to recruit, train and supervise 25+ customer service reps and cashiers. Foster an environment in which guests enjoy high levels of service and employees are motivated to deliver top performance. Manage front-end operations to ensure friendly and efficient transactions at checkout.
- Won "Service Excellence Award" for instrumental role in driving record-high sales increases, propelling store to improve ranking from #32 in territory to #5 by 2007.
- Reduced staff turnover by 15% in 2007, benchmarking a record-setting improvement in staff retention due to the success of employee-development and morale-building programs.
- Elevated store's guest-satisfaction index from 86% to 92% within two years; ensured the swift resolution of customer issues to preserve customer loyalty while complying with company policies.
- Served on special taskforce charged with turning around under-performing stores. Trained CSRs and managers in five struggling stores, and contributed to significant improvements in guest satisfaction and sales.
- Exemplified the second-to-none customer service delivery for which ABC Superstore is nationally renowned in all interactions with customers.
DEF COMPANY -- Sometown, MA, 7/93 to 8/00
Deli Manager, 1/98 to 8/00
Previous Positions: Counter Clerk, Cashier, Deli Associate, 7/93 to 1/98
Advanced to increasingly responsible positions, culminating in management role with oversight for a full-service deli. Directed 18 employees and managed P&L, sales, inventory, merchandising and cost controls. Maintained high standards in sanitation and safety and complied with regulatory guidelines.
- Transformed operation that was posting annual losses to achieve $159K+ in profits within one year. Met or exceeded all sales targets despite increased competition presented by the opening of two new local delis.
- Introduced training programs that enhanced employee performance and helped build a motivated workforce.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
ABC COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Sometown, MA, 9/93 to 5/97
Earned 28 credits; concentration in business studies
Training: Completed numerous courses and seminars in customer service, sales strategies, inventory control, loss prevention, time management, leadership, performance assessment and food safety (ServSafe).