Sample Resume for a Customer Service Manager
Does your resume serve you as well as you serve your customers? Let this sample resume for a customer service manager guide you. View and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Learn more about customer service careers.Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
MARSHA G. LAWRENCE
P.O. Box 1212
Sometown, MA 55555
P.O. Box 1212
Sometown, MA 55555
- Dedicated customer service manager with 15+ years of experience in "big box" retail and food service settings. Consistently achieve record-high customer satisfaction rankings, improvements to the bottom line and turnaround of underperforming operations.
- Respected builder and leader of customer-focused teams; instill a shared, enthusiastic commitment to customer service as a key driver of company goal attainment. Lead by example and ensure the execution of all safety, security, quality and store operations policies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
ABC SUPERSTORE -- Sometown, MA, 10/00 to Present
Customer Service Manager, 9/05 to present
Customer Service Representative, 10/00 to 9/05
Promoted to manager position to recruit, train and supervise 25+ customer service reps and cashiers. Foster an environment in which guests enjoy high levels of service and employees are motivated to deliver top performance. Manage front-end operations to ensure friendly and efficient transactions at checkout.
- Won "Service Excellence Award" for instrumental role in driving record-high sales increases, propelling store to improve ranking from #32 in territory to #5 by 2007.
- Reduced staff turnover by 15% in 2007, benchmarking a record-setting improvement in staff retention due to the success of employee-development and morale-building programs.
- Elevated store's guest-satisfaction index from 86% to 92% within two years; ensured the swift resolution of customer issues to preserve customer loyalty while complying with company policies.
- Served on special taskforce charged with turning around under-performing stores. Trained CSRs and managers in five struggling stores, and contributed to significant improvements in guest satisfaction and sales.
- Exemplified the second-to-none customer service delivery for which ABC Superstore is nationally renowned in all interactions with customers.
Deli Manager, 1/98 to 8/00
Previous Positions: Counter Clerk, Cashier, Deli Associate, 7/93 to 1/98
Advanced to increasingly responsible positions, culminating in management role with oversight for a full-service deli. Directed 18 employees and managed P&L, sales, inventory, merchandising and cost controls. Maintained high standards in sanitation and safety and complied with regulatory guidelines.
- Transformed operation that was posting annual losses to achieve $159K+ in profits within one year. Met or exceeded all sales targets despite increased competition presented by the opening of two new local delis.
- Introduced training programs that enhanced employee performance and helped build a motivated workforce.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
ABC COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Sometown, MA, 9/93 to 5/97
Earned 28 credits; concentration in business studies
Training: Completed numerous courses and seminars in customer service, sales strategies, inventory control, loss prevention, time management, leadership, performance assessment and food safety (ServSafe).
"When the customer comes first, the customer will last" -- Robert Half