Green jobs are expected to grow in the coming years. Check out this sample resume for an air sealing tech to get inspired for your green job search and get a downloadable Word version of the resume template here.
Learn more about maintenance careers. Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
2468 Cross Bend St.
Sometown, MD 32000
CERTIFIED AIR-SEALING TECHNICIAN
LEED-certified air-sealing technician specializing in green residential home construction. Nine years of homebuilding/insulation experience reinforced by an AA in engineering, LEED Green Associate certification, in-progress LEED Accredited Professional credential and a passion for energy conservation.
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE AREAS
- Green Building Principles
- Energy Code Requirements
- Air Sealant Application
- Airtight Structures
- Air Leakage Minimization
- Blower Door Testing
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Green Building Certification Institute, Sometown, VA
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Credentials:
- Tier I Certification as a LEED Green Associate, 5/09
- Tier II LEED Accredited Professional pending (Expected 8/09)
Sometown Community College, Sometown, MD
GREEN BUILDING EXPERIENCE
XYZ COMPANY INC., Sometown, MD
Residential Air Sealing Technician, 5/09 to Present
Partner with insulation contractors to ensure airtight new home construction or retrofitting of existing homes, adhering to high-performance energy standards and code requirements. Assist in air sealant applications; perform inspections; and ensure conformance to Energy Star, LEED and other energy-efficient and green building program platforms.
- Identified air leaks that had been missed during initial insulation applications. Applied foam to form an air-tight seal encasing homes for more efficient heating and cooling.
- Commended for thoroughness and attention to detail that resulted in blower door tests far exceeding the 0.35 ACH industry standard (with personally assigned homes earning a rating of 0.19 or better).
- Lowered energy costs, increased comfort levels and improved indoor air quality through diligent air-sealing efforts.
ADDITIONAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
Earned consistent praise for the quality and quantity of work performed as an insulation contractor (7/00 to 4/05) for ABC INC. (Sometown, VA) and as an assistant project manager (5/05 to 2/09) for SOMENAME CONSTRUCTION COMPANY (Sometown, MD). Helped build and/or insulate 250+ homes from 2000 to 2009.
Deeply committed to green building best practices in residential home construction to maximize energy efficiency, lower costs and conserve resources.
“...Ms. Myers-Lee achieved Energy Star rating of our formerly drafty, 35-year-old home.... Our electric bills have dropped by 45% as a result.... We can’t thank you enough...” -- Mr. & Mrs. Weston, XYZ Company Clients
“...Lots of folks talk about ‘going green’ but Naomi ‘walks the talk’.... She clearly explained green building ideas to my insulation contractors...we’re building much more energy-efficient homes as a result, and we have Naomi to thank...” -- J. Howard Evert, President, Insulation Corp. (XYZ Company Partner)