According to legend, leprechauns are small, mischievous Irish men who work as shoemakers and guard the pot of gold at the end of every rainbow. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, many of these wee lads are looking for work, so Resume Expert Kim Isaacs put together a sample resume to help them out.
Lawrence “Lucky” Leprechaun
555 Blarney Castle Road | Blarney Village, Ireland
353 21 000000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Goal: Seeking Position as Guardian of the Pot of Gold
Personable, sprightly and high-energy elf who is trustworthy, hardworking and reliable. Seeking to leverage strong security background as the current caretaker of the Blarney Stone to become the next Pot of Gold guardian. Enthusiastic, “roll-up-your-sleeves” work ethic demonstrated through both present and prior employment (former cobbler/shoemaker) as well as through volunteer activities (Notre Dame “Fighting Irish” mascot, Lucky Charms runner-up spokesmodel). Solidly credentialed (BS in security), bilingually fluent (Gaelic) and internationally traveled.
- Safety & Security Management
- Caretaking & Asset Protection
- Loss Prevention & Risk Assessment
- Undercover Investigations
- Teambuilding & Supervision
- Public Relations
BLARNEY STONE, Blarney Village, Ireland
Head Leprechaun Caretaker, 2004 to Present
Leprechaun Apprentice, 2002 to 2004
Entrusted with highly responsible role to safeguard the Blarney Stone. Supervise a 12-elf security contingent and maintenance crew in daily activities ensuring the protection of stone’s magical properties and the safety of tourists visiting the stone and Blarney Castle.
LUCKY’S SHOE REPAIR, Black Forest, Germany
- Earned fast-track promotion from initial apprenticeship to head caretaker, outpacing the typical leprechaun career progression by three years.
- Thwarted potentially disastrous graffiti campaign planned by notorious troll gang through partnership with local law enforcement. Co-led undercover investigation that exposed plot, led to multiple arrests and prevented defacement of national landmark.
- Commended for ensuring the protection and preservation of major tourist attraction and assist thousands of visitors annually in safely kissing the Blarney Stone.
Shoe Cobbler, 1998 to 2002
Founded and grew profitable business, repairing shoes, boots and vintage accessories for local forest dwellers. Earned designation as a Master Cobbler and built a loyal customer following. Negotiated lucrative sell-off of shop to enable pursuit of long-time passion for security work.
Spokesmodel Runner-Up, Lucky Charms Cereal (1996 to Present)
ACTIVITIES & VOLUNTEERISM
Mascot, University of Notre Dame "Fighting Irish" (1995 to 1996)
Singled out among peers for exemplary communication, public relations and interpersonal skills through selection as mascot for NCAA Division I football team and as spokesmodel runner-up for one of General Mills’ premier cereal brands.
Active Volunteer, Greenpeace (2003 to Present)
Promote green living through active participation in recycling campaigns.
Advisor, 4-H National Headquarters (1999)
Developed winning four-leaf clover design adopted nationwide as organization’s logo.
|SHAMROCK UNIVERSITY, Dublin, Ireland||Bachelor of Science in Security, 2004|
|CLOVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Greenville, South Carolina||Associate of Arts in Shoe Cobbler Arts, 1998|
Fluent in Irish Gaelic, conversant in Scottish Gaelic.